Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > youtube - "server not found" error message.

youtube - "server not found" error message.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> richard wrote:
>>>
>>> My guess would be the router. Check the firewall settings on the
>>> router. Try connecting without the router.

>> Please explain how a router would block just one web site, without
>> any specific (likely rememberable) user action.

> No harm in eliminating the possibilities is there?
> Could be that during setup, he was on the youtube site, and
> inadvertently checked something he shouldn't have.

But not likely. If he was setting up the router, his browser would be on
the router setup page.

> As both browers are denying access, what is it they have in common?
> Firewall and router.

Firewall and router and HOSTS file.

> Eliminate the router, then your answer is in the firewall on the
> machine.

or the HOSTS file. Or, as someone else has recently suggested, blocked
by the ISP (though if that were true, I'd be shopping).

--
-bts

Iain

On Feb 24, 9:11*pm, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Den" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...> Hello all, I wonder if anyone can help.
>
> > I am using an acer 5720 laptop computer. The operating system is
> > Vista, and I access the internet using a wireless signal from a
> > netgear router.

> > My problem is, I cannot access the 'youtube' website. I keep getting
> > the "server not found" error message from both firefox and internet
> > explorer. Youtube is the only website I have this problem with.

> Same here, different machine.
> Could be our ISP blocking it.

Seems alright now.

~Iain

kishanoua kishanoua is offline
Junior Member

hiiii!!!! i have the same problem with den....since a little while(2 months i think) i can't access at youtube and an error message appears which says that ''server cannot be found''....this problem, though was solved when i downloaded again software called ''java'' or something like this, because i had a problem with a programme....i don't know where the problem is....is there anyone who can help me????=] thanks in advance....=]