Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Redundant Directory Names

Redundant Directory Names

JerryI

I have a local wireless network at home with three computers (two XP, one
Vista).
Let's call them UPSTAIRS, LAPTOP, and PLASMA.
When I look at My Network Places I see a confusing array of redundant names:
e.g., the following are all references to the same directory:
Shared Docs (Upstairs)
shared docs (Upstairs)
shared docs on 192.168.2.1 on UPSTAIRS COMPUTER(Upstairs)

I realize that I have probably created this monster over several months or
years, but I cannot figure out how to straighten it out. I have tried to
delete the redundant references many times, but they keep coming back. Can
someone enlighten me so I can streamline my menu structure?
--
JerryI

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You have to Unshare (or delete if you do not need them) them on the PC that
they exist on and after few boots it would disappear.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...