Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express won't accept logon password

Outlook Express won't accept logon password

raven71 raven71 is offline
Junior Member

I am having the same problem with my sons computer a Gateway Laptop 700X on Verizon.net with win XP professional. It has been working fine till yesterday.
I keep getting login incorrect and I keep putting the Name and PW in and it keeps asking for it again. I have recreated the account. I have tried his account on my computer and I get wrong PW. Still I could create my Account on his computer and it works.
Is it a corrupted PW file in one of the folders related to his login info. I am able to log into the Verizon website and get his e-mails and send with no problems.

So I figure it is not a server problem or even a Outlook Program corruption. I believe it is just isolated to his e-mail info in some folder or something on his computer.

I did a search outloo* with the hidden folders and I do not see one that looks like outlook~ according to the help file if it was like that then I have a folder problem...Any ideas what to do

here is the message I get
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '(E-Mail Removed)', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Last edited by raven71; 08-19-2008 at 08:36 PM..