Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > If I were Toshiba, I would be ****ed

If I were Toshiba, I would be ****ed

Derek Janssen

Robo-man wrote:

>>Well--for similar MS/Universal reasons--it *was* Apple pushing Disney into
>>being the New Evangelist for Blu-Ray...
>>Don't think they like anyone spotting the connections, though.

> Interesting.

Steve Jobs is the major 51% Disney shareholder, and Blu-ray had the
compatible non-Windows Java and the QuickTime-compatible MPEG4 codec to
root for, as long as the war was going to be about "monopolies"...
It's nice to have a Mouse in your pocket.

>> (and besides, there's enough laughs in Vista jokes as it is)

> I have to disagree with that. LOL

Oh, come on--I mean, you've got
http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ta_480x376.mov
for a *start*...

(Let alone
http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...er_480x376.mov
or
http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...dy_480x376.mov .)

Derek Janssen

Sam

"GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fpsf6q$jb9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>If I were Toshiba, I would be ****ed.
>>Toshiba should now make available, a patch to remove encryption on HD-
>>DVD players, so we can make copies of HD movies.
>>

> Toshiba doesnt have the legal right to give away other peoples legal
> works!!!!!
>

>>That would "give back" to the HD-DVD users.
>>
>>or make an HD-DVD recorder that can bypass blue-ray's copy protection,
>>so we can connect directly to a blue ray player and make copies.
>>

>>I still think if HD-DVD, put out more recorders, the outcome would have
>>been different.
>>
>>Yeah, I am ****ed, because I bought the $200 HD-DVD player, but it still
>>plays dvd, so it's not totally useless yet.
>>
>>I will still look for a HD-DVD burner for making home movies to HD-DVD

> You do know Toshiba was going to drop HDDVD back in 2005 and join up with
> the
> blu ray camp but Microsoft talked them out of it??????
>

> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ath-of-hd-dvd/

That article is alot of FUD and BS

GMAN

In article <ulywj.83001$FA.31510@pd7urf2no>, "Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:fpsf6q$jb9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>>If I were Toshiba, I would be ****ed.
>>>Toshiba should now make available, a patch to remove encryption on HD-
>>>DVD players, so we can make copies of HD movies.
>>>

>> Toshiba doesnt have the legal right to give away other peoples legal
>> works!!!!!
>>

>>>That would "give back" to the HD-DVD users.
>>>
>>>or make an HD-DVD recorder that can bypass blue-ray's copy protection,
>>>so we can connect directly to a blue ray player and make copies.
>>>

>>>I still think if HD-DVD, put out more recorders, the outcome would have
>>>been different.
>>>
>>>Yeah, I am ****ed, because I bought the $200 HD-DVD player, but it still
>>>plays dvd, so it's not totally useless yet.
>>>
>>>I will still look for a HD-DVD burner for making home movies to HD-DVD

>> You do know Toshiba was going to drop HDDVD back in 2005 and join up with
>> the
>> blu ray camp but Microsoft talked them out of it??????
>>

>> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ath-of-hd-dvd/
>>

>That article is alot of FUD and BS

Tell us which parts are FUD and BS?