Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista SP1 Disk Version

Vista SP1 Disk Version

therese1225

Will MS be offering the Vista SP1 on disk at all? And if not why not?

Colin Barnhorst

They have not made an announcement. Having said that, they always have in
the past with service packs.

"therese1225" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will MS be offering the Vista SP1 on disk at all? And if not why not?

xiowan

Hello Colin Barnhorst:
I would imagine with over half the pc users in the US still using Dial-Up
for their internet connection that Microsoft will have to offer a disk to
install Vista SP1 since it will be a hundreds of MBs download! I
hope.......I only have Dial-Up and 2 Vista PCs!

xiowan...........in tucson

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> They have not made an announcement. Having said that, they always have in
> the past with service packs.
>
> "therese1225" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Will MS be offering the Vista SP1 on disk at all? And if not why not?

Colin Barnhorst

All I can tell you is that they have in the past.

"xiowan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Colin Barnhorst:
> I would imagine with over half the pc users in the US still using
> Dial-Up
> for their internet connection that Microsoft will have to offer a disk to
> install Vista SP1 since it will be a hundreds of MBs download! I
> hope.......I only have Dial-Up and 2 Vista PCs!
>
> xiowan...........in tucson
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> They have not made an announcement. Having said that, they always have
>> in
>> the past with service packs.
>>
>> "therese1225" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Will MS be offering the Vista SP1 on disk at all? And if not why not?

therese1225

Thank you all. I hope they come out with the disk version because it's so
much easier. Especially if you have to do reinstalls.