Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Orchid Dialler with Caller Display

Orchid Dialler with Caller Display

Roger Mills

On the Orchid website, it says:

"Caller Display
A V4+ with additional power supply is required for use with Caller Display,
please ensure that you quote "Caller Display" in the Additional Information
field on the Secure Order form if you require a Caller Display model."

Anyone care to explain what this means? Is there a model which actually has
a display on it, or is it simply talking about something special being
needed for it to pass inbound CLI to a Caller Display phone?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Dave Saville

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:12:02 UTC, "Roger Mills"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On the Orchid website, it says:
>
> "Caller Display
> A V4+ with additional power supply is required for use with Caller Display,
> please ensure that you quote "Caller Display" in the Additional Information
> field on the Secure Order form if you require a Caller Display model."
>
> Anyone care to explain what this means? Is there a model which actually has
> a display on it, or is it simply talking about something special being
> needed for it to pass inbound CLI to a Caller Display phone?

Note that this also applies to SMS - and even the alledged "caller
display" models don't always function for incoming SMS. So you get it
as text to voice about an hour after you should have
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Far

"Dave Saville" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 22:12:02 UTC, "Roger Mills"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Note that this also applies to SMS - and even the alledged "caller
> display" models don't always function for incoming SMS. So you get it
> as text to voice about an hour after you should have

True. However the V4 (at least the one I have) works fine with SMS to a
landline phone whereas a V4+, even with the caller ID mod made and the power
supply, didn't work correctly for incoming SMS's. Outoing are fine on both
V4 and V4+ though (but remember to include 1280 in the appropriate place for
the outgoing message centre if you CPS calls).

Regards,
Far