Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > No X64 SP1 for RC1 Refresh?

No X64 SP1 for RC1 Refresh?

Sam Steinhauser

I have RC1 Refresh and cannot get the final SP1 on WU. Will it not work with
RC1 installed? I'm going to do a clean install for the final anyway but I
want to be sure it's avalible.
--
Sam

John Barnes

Instructions say uninstall RC1 if you have it.

"Sam Steinhauser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have RC1 Refresh and cannot get the final SP1 on WU. Will it not work
>with
> RC1 installed? I'm going to do a clean install for the final anyway but I
> want to be sure it's avalible.
> --
> Sam

Colin Barnhorst

Build 18000 is the final. If you have that RC1 refresh you will not be
offered anything by WU because you are already running the final. Run
winver. If there is no RC on the service pack and no expiration date you
need take no further action. The last refresh turned out to be the final.

Vista x64 SP1 rtm was offered for a few hours yesterday and then closed
again. There is no info on when it will be up again. Keep checking.

btw, "x64" is insufficient in this ng. XP Pro x64, Server 2003 x64, Server
2008 x64 and even Itanium x64 systems are supported here. It isn't just
Vista, so keep that in mind.

"Sam Steinhauser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have RC1 Refresh and cannot get the final SP1 on WU. Will it not work
>with
> RC1 installed? I'm going to do a clean install for the final anyway but I
> want to be sure it's avalible.
> --
> Sam

Sam Steinhauser

I have 6001 until 6/30/08. I will have to wait if it's gone now.

Thanks for the tip on X64. I thought Vista ng was just that, duh.
--
Sam

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Build 18000 is the final. If you have that RC1 refresh you will not be
> offered anything by WU because you are already running the final. Run
> winver. If there is no RC on the service pack and no expiration date you
> need take no further action. The last refresh turned out to be the final.
>
> Vista x64 SP1 rtm was offered for a few hours yesterday and then closed
> again. There is no info on when it will be up again. Keep checking.
>
> btw, "x64" is insufficient in this ng. XP Pro x64, Server 2003 x64, Server
> 2008 x64 and even Itanium x64 systems are supported here. It isn't just
> Vista, so keep that in mind.
>
> "Sam Steinhauser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have RC1 Refresh and cannot get the final SP1 on WU. Will it not work
> >with
> > RC1 installed? I'm going to do a clean install for the final anyway but I
> > want to be sure it's avalible.
> > --
> > Sam

Colin Barnhorst

That's why this ng's name is simply "windows.64bit". It is listed as a
Vista community in the links in Vista's Help and Support Center (along with
four other newsgroups that are not Vista specific). The idea is that since
there is no Vista specific ng for 64bit questions, this is the next best
place.

The word now is that there were a few hundred cases of the script file that
is the first part of the download causing reboot problems. MS is fixing and
will put SP1 x64 back up when the fix is done.