Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > message =?

message =?

hankus

I have recently had a power source replaced in my Win Xp running desktop
after a ower outage and added a HP wireless printer to the n/w.Everything
works fine.I now get a window that says
Generic Host process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and
needs to close.We are very sorry for the inconvenience

Is this a real message? Even when I click Send errpr report or don't send
,it won't go away

--
Thanks
Hank

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It might be related to a process that you do not really use, but it is an
issue.
If their was power outage while the computer was working it is highly
possible that some running component of Windows that were running at the
time got "trashed" too.
I would suggest a refresh of the OS.
Start the computer from the original WinXP Boot CD (make sure that you have
the key number available).
Skip the first screen that offer console repair and continue as though you
do a new install.
At the new install screen it would detect the old installation and would
give you an option to press R for Repair.
After 45 Minute WinXP would be reinstalled maintaining the old data and
system configuration
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"hankus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QoCvj.3023$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have recently had a power source replaced in my Win Xp running desktop
>after a ower outage and added a HP wireless printer to the n/w.Everything
>works fine.I now get a window that says
> Generic Host process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and
> needs to close.We are very sorry for the inconvenience
>
> Is this a real message? Even when I click Send errpr report or don't send
> ,it won't go away
>
> --
> Thanks
> Hank

hankus

The compuetr was on but not being used...does that qualify as "the computer
was working "?

--
Thanks
Hank
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> It might be related to a process that you do not really use, but it is an
> issue.
> If their was power outage while the computer was working it is highly
> possible that some running component of Windows that were running at the
> time got "trashed" too.
> I would suggest a refresh of the OS.
> Start the computer from the original WinXP Boot CD (make sure that you
> have the key number available).
> Skip the first screen that offer console repair and continue as though you
> do a new install.
> At the new install screen it would detect the old installation and would
> give you an option to press R for Repair.
> After 45 Minute WinXP would be reinstalled maintaining the old data and
> system configuration
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "hankus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:QoCvj.3023$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have recently had a power source replaced in my Win Xp running desktop
>>after a ower outage and added a HP wireless printer to the n/w.Everything
>>works fine.I now get a window that says
>> Generic Host process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and
>> needs to close.We are very sorry for the inconvenience
>>
>> Is this a real message? Even when I click Send errpr report or don't send
>> ,it won't go away
>>
>> --
>> Thanks
>> Hank

John

hankus wrote:
> The compuetr was on but not being used...does that qualify as "the
> computer was working "?

Yes. If it was switched on, there's dozens of processes running just to get
that picture on the screen

John

>> Hi
>> It might be related to a process that you do not really use, but it
>> is an issue.
>> If their was power outage while the computer was working it is highly
>> possible that some running component of Windows that were running at
>> the time got "trashed" too.
>> I would suggest a refresh of the OS.
>> Start the computer from the original WinXP Boot CD (make sure that
>> you have the key number available).
>> Skip the first screen that offer console repair and continue as
>> though you do a new install.
>> At the new install screen it would detect the old installation and
>> would give you an option to press R for Repair.
>> After 45 Minute WinXP would be reinstalled maintaining the old data
>> and system configuration
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "hankus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:QoCvj.3023$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have recently had a power source replaced in my Win Xp running
>>> desktop after a ower outage and added a HP wireless printer to the
>>> n/w.Everything works fine.I now get a window that says
>>> Generic Host process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem
>>> and needs to close.We are very sorry for the inconvenience
>>>
>>> Is this a real message? Even when I click Send errpr report or
>>> don't send ,it won't go away
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>> Hank