Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > how to choose Cannon digital camera

how to choose Cannon digital camera

halor

maybe you have a suggestion for another brand. Just anything will
help! Also what is a SLR? What is it? What is good about these cameras
http://help.digitalcameras-plus.com/...to-choose.html

Jürgen Exner

halor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>maybe you have a suggestion for another brand.

Nikon, Sony, Leica, Mamiya, Pentax, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Kodak, ...
[I know there are dozens more]

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera

>What is good about these cameras

Has been discussed at nauseum in this NG, please consult DejaNews.

>http://[...]/which-cannon-digital-camera-to-choose.html

A better source for information may be a respectable source like e.g.
http://dpreview.com

jue

Gary Eickmeier

halor wrote:

> maybe you have a suggestion for another brand. Just anything will
> help! Also what is a SLR? What is it? What is good about these cameras
> http://help.digitalcameras-plus.com/...to-choose.html

From Steve P in your reference:

"Not meaning to sound harsh, but if you cannot spell Canon correctly and
do not even have a clue what a SLR is, then I think you having a SLR
would be a total waste of money."

Gary Eickmeier

Joseph Meehan

It really is difficult to suggest what camera might be good for you
without knowing what you might want from a camera.

How important is quality results?

How much do you know about camera's (our guess is going to be not much
since you asked what an SLR was) ?

What kind of photos? Family, travel, sports etc.

How much work are you willing to put into photography?

How old are you? Yes this is a legit question. More specifically,
would you be able to handle a camera with small controls, making adjustments
and holding it steady.

Don't worry about SLR or non-SLR. In the digital world that term has
lost most of it's meaning.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

"halor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> maybe you have a suggestion for another brand. Just anything will
> help! Also what is a SLR? What is it? What is good about these cameras
> http://help.digitalcameras-plus.com/...to-choose.html

Shawn Hirn

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
halor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> maybe you have a suggestion for another brand. Just anything will
> help! Also what is a SLR? What is it? What is good about these cameras
> http://help.digitalcameras-plus.com/...to-choose.html

Depends entirely on your budget and your needs and expectations. I
suggest you visit a good camera store in your area and talk with a
saleperson there about what you need. Canon makes great cameras, but so
does Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Panasonic, Casio, and several other
companies, so go try out a few cameras from different manufacturers and
decide which one works best for you.

John Turco

"Jürgen Exner" wrote:

> halor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >maybe you have a suggestion for another brand.

> Nikon, Sony, Leica, Mamiya, Pentax, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Kodak, ...
> [I know there are dozens more]
>
> >Just anything will
> >help! Also what is a SLR? What is it?

> See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera
>
> >What is good about these cameras

> Has been discussed at nauseum in this NG, please consult DejaNews.
>
> >http://[...]/which-cannon-digital-camera-to-choose.html

> A better source for information may be a respectable source like e.g.
> http://dpreview.com
>
> jue

Hello, Jürgen:

What's this "Cannon" that the original poster keeps referring to, eh?
Is he into digital cameras, or artillery pieces, perhaps?

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>