Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question for a real good programmer

Question for a real good programmer

Rolf

Hi,

I have created folders and rules for my contacts in Outlook so that in and
outgoing mail automaticaly is copied to the respective folders.

So far so good. But this means that a duplicate of all mesages stays in the
default in/out folders. So how do i get rid of them?

The OS is Vista. I have been toying with the idea of using batch commands -
I have used such before for various purposes, but I suspect that it will not
be possible in this case.

So I expect I'll have to use a programming tool. Assembler and Visual Foxpro
are what I am most familar with.

If you have any idas about a viable approach to the problem I'd like to hear
from you.

doS

you choose move to instead of copy to?

"Rolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47be8b86$0$28892$(E-Mail Removed)2.net...
> Hi,
>
> I have created folders and rules for my contacts in Outlook so that in and
> outgoing mail automaticaly is copied to the respective folders.
>
> So far so good. But this means that a duplicate of all mesages stays in
> the
> default in/out folders. So how do i get rid of them?
>
> The OS is Vista. I have been toying with the idea of using batch
> commands -
> I have used such before for various purposes, but I suspect that it will
> not
> be possible in this case.
>
> So I expect I'll have to use a programming tool. Assembler and Visual
> Foxpro
> are what I am most familar with.
>
> If you have any idas about a viable approach to the problem I'd like to
> hear
> from you.

Rolf

I have to check it out, but I have been under the impression that I have no
choice but to make a copy. If I can chose a move instead, the problem is
gone. I hope it is as simple a that - that I have overlooked an option. So
back to Outlook again, or I will come back with my question....

Rolf

news:Xlwvj.1603$(E-Mail Removed)...