Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > In C++ programming, what librarys or frameworks are you using?

In C++ programming, what librarys or frameworks are you using?

davis685@gmail.com

On Feb 24, 11:16 am, Jeff Schwab <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> POSIX and Qt4.

> >> You know what I would love? A great big honkin' printed tutorial on the
> >> parts of Boost that could replace direct calls to POSIX. I would
> >> particularly like portable access to the local file-system and to the
> >> network, and portable concurrency. I'm aware that Boost provides these
> >> libraries, but what I really want is an Addison-Wesley Professional
> >> hardcover showing me how to use them. I guess that book won't exist
> >> until TR2 makes it into C++1x.

> > I have been using this library (dclib.sourceforge.net) to do all of
> > that stuff portably and I think the documentation is pretty good. But
> > then again I wrote it

> Thanks, that looks interesting. Now that std::tr1::array exists, are
> you going to keep array_kernel_2?

I probably will at least until C++0x is finalized and the tr1 stuff is
moved into the std namespace. The same goes for anything else that
is redundant with things in dlib (like the dlib::shared_ptr).

coal@mailvault.com

On Feb 24, 9:18*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have been using this library (dclib.sourceforge.net) to do all of
> that stuff portably and I think thedocumentationis pretty good. *But
> then again I wrote it

On this page
http://dclib.sourceforge.net/dlib/serialize.h.html
it says, "Note that you should only try to deserialize an object to
the type of object it was serialized from. I.e. don't try anything
like loading a set with the serialized data of a queue." Why do you
impose that restriction? I don't have an application where I want
that functionality, but I've thought that it would probably be useful
at some point.

Brian Wood

Gerry Ford

Will you elaborate?

--
Gerry Ford

"Er hat sich georgiert." Der Spiegel, 2008, sich auf Chimpy Eins komma null
beziehend.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Feb 25, 8:43 pm, "Gerry Ford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Will you elaborate?
>
> --
> Gerry Ford
>
> "Er hat sich georgiert." Der Spiegel, 2008, sich auf Chimpy Eins komma null
> beziehend.<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 24, 9:18 am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > I have been using this library (dclib.sourceforge.net) to do all of
> > that stuff portably and I think thedocumentationis pretty good. But
> > then again I wrote it

> On this pagehttp://dclib.sourceforge.net/dlib/serialize.h.html
> it says, "Note that you should only try to deserialize an object to
> the type of object it was serialized from. I.e. don't try anything
> like loading a set with the serialized data of a queue." Why do you
> impose that restriction? I don't have an application where I want
> that functionality, but I've thought that it would probably be useful
> at some point.
>
> Brian Wood

Well, the set object requires that every element in it be unique (i.e.
it isn't a multiset) so there are valid queue objects that can't be
loaded into sets. So all I'm saying is that if you are doing stuff
like that it isn't guaranteed to work since the source object might
violate some requirement imposed by the destination object type.
However, If you had a queue of unique integers then you could load
that into a set via deserialize without any problem.

Perhaps I should make that part of the documentation more clear.

-Davis

coal@mailvault.com

On Feb 26, 9:25*am, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well, the set object requires that every element in it be unique (i.e.
> it isn't a multiset) so there are valid queue objects that can't be
> loaded into sets.

OK, but I wouldn't say it as "can't be loaded into sets." Data from a
queue<int> can be loaded into a set<int>, but the size of the set
might be less than the size of the queue. As long as users are aware
of that I think things should be fine. A documentation note as you
mention, could warn people to consider this possibility.

Brian Wood

New Librarys on Windows Mobile(CE) Ruby Nathan Campos Ruby 1 11-13-2009 12:59 AM
OCR librarys Timothy Smith Python 5 10-13-2008 04:28 PM
Adobe Lightroom with black Librarys, Collections, and Filmstrips.. robertilling@hotmail.com Digital Photography 1 02-21-2007 02:48 PM
Sandboxing librarys Dominik Werder Ruby 9 08-26-2004 08:48 AM
Keyboard and mouse librarys Nolan Martin C++ 8 07-24-2004 04:07 AM

Advertisments