Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > New to the field

New to the field

PAJ

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:30:07 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>First off, do you even have pennies over there??? Just askin'

Duh, we invented the penny over a thousand years ago.

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"PAJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:30:07 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
> Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >First off, do you even have pennies over there??? Just askin'

> Duh, we invented the penny over a thousand years ago.

So you all are to blame?!? Figures.

"Abolish the Penny Campaign"

PAJ

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:06:25 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"PAJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:30:07 +0000, "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard,
>> Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >First off, do you even have pennies over there??? Just askin'

>> Duh, we invented the penny over a thousand years ago.

>So you all are to blame?!? Figures.

We cannot take the full blame. A few Roman invaders made a small
contribution.

>"Abolish the Penny Campaign"

Get rid of all the Judy's too.

TheITGirl

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:uy1%(E-Mail Removed)...

> First off, do you even have pennies over there??? Just askin'

Sure we do! They don't buy you very much, but we do have them!

IT Girl MCDST

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"TheITGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ou1wj.171340$(E-Mail Removed) .uk:

> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:uy1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > First off, do you even have pennies over there??? Just askin'
> >
> > --
> > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
> > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
> >

> Sure we do! They don't buy you very much, but we do have them!
>
> IT Girl MCDST

Yeah, but ours have President Lincoln on them.

Dude

This is a great post. I once knew a Novell CNE who passed the exams but
couldn't even configure a NIC or operate a screwdriver correctly. Then you
get your Hot Shots that act like they know everything, but it's really just
smoke and mirrors. I've been working in IT for 20 years now and I've seen it
all. The good Admins will always find good jobs. The others will be the
first to go when it's downsizing time. It's a long way to the top if you
wanna rock and roll!

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" wrote:

> "new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I completely agree with you Dustin, which is why I am hoping that the
> > internship will lead into a full time position so I can start building that
> > experience. Problem with switching careers is that my resume looks great for
> > sales but not having the experience in the networking field pretty much makes
> > it impossible to get a job any other way than doing the internship and
> > courses with New Horizons.
> >
> > "Dustin Harper" wrote:
> >
> > > You will go as far as you want, with what you know. Certs are pieces of
> > > paper. Experience and know how are what gets you the job. You can have all
> > > the certs in your resume, but an IT interviewer will find out if you know
> > > what you are doing or not.
> > >
> > > Most employers wouldn't trust someone with an MCSE 2003 and 1 year of
> > > experience with their network. They will with someone with 15 years
> > > experience with no certs.
> > >
> > > Just plan on starting small and working your way up.
> > >
> > > This is all common sense stuff, but a lot of people don't get it !
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dustin Harper
> > > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> > > http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
> > >

> > > "new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >

> I worked at New Horizons for many years in my past. I have taught many
> career changers and will be totally honest with you. Less than 5%
> currently have jobs in the I.T. field. Now understand, this was a number
> for my geographical area and the time that I worked there. The problem
> is that someone told them that I.T. was the field to make money in or
> that since they could change the background on a friend's mother's
> computer that they should look into a career in computers. Change
> occurs. Sacrifice begins. Frustration sets in. Back to the previous
> career they go. Now, the mother of all questions: Who's to blame?
> Certification vendors, I.T. instructors or the institution that educated
> you, the employers' who wouldn't hire you, your wife/girlfriend, your
> husband/boyfriend, your kids, lack of money, lack of experience (see
> employers), etc.. Everyone is to blame for your lack of success but you.
> People spend their whole lives "hoping" things will happen. If your
> hoping for something to happen, you didn't do enough to make it happen.
> Hoping is for the uncertain.
>
> Point being, if your determined this is what you want to do, then you
> will do it.

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?RHVkZQ==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> operate a screwdriver correctly

TMML

- Shh! I have to use my incomplete, divided attention here.