Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Page Load Event Fires Twice

Re: Page Load Event Fires Twice

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Is it just this one page that has the problem?

I've heard that Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm Pro can contribute to such problems.
By any chance are you using it?

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD

"James Culshaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem where when I call an ASP.Net page, the page load event
> fires twice. It doesn't do this when I step through each line of code, but
> if I do not step through each line of code, or press F5 to continue

running
> during the page load event it fires a asecond time. This happens during a
> get request and not a postback. The secnd time the page load event fires

the
> page seems to have lost any reference to the session that it was connected
> with the first time it fires. Very odd behaviour. I have the

autoeventwireup
> property set to false, and none of the controls on the page are set to
> autopostback.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this and how I may solve it as it is causing
> real problems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Wray Smallwood

One classic reason for multiple event fires on Page events is because
AutoEventWireUp is missing or set to true. It should be false for web pages.

Wray Smallwood

"James Culshaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Its happening on two pages. We are not using Zone Alarm and it happens on
> more than one developer machine.
>
> The pages call themselves when you click on a menu option, but it is via

GET