Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Another MCSE 2003

Another MCSE 2003

Lina

I passed my last MCSE exam on Feb 1st. It took me a year to finish the last 5
exams and three years in total to get to the MCSE. I work as a Network
Administrator and I knew nothing about installing servers, installing
Exchange, GPOs, AD, DNS, DHCP, etc. I had an opportunity to set this all up
from the ground up at my job. I had no plan but I had a lot of preparation
guides, installation guides, design guides, etc that I download and read from
Microsoft. My employer paid for one course which was for the 70-294 exam and
that exam I took a year later! I was too busy setting up the network. In
short, I earned my stripes getting the MCSE even though I didn't use every
technology covered on each exam (i.e Remote Access, VPNs, etc) but I tried my
best with Vmware to recreate the environment for learning. My question is
this, I want to move ahead into the systems architecture field and do more
intermediate systems work. Any advise on the best way to go about that? I
want to certify for Exchange 2007 and get a head start on Windows Server 08
as well.

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Lina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I passed my last MCSE exam on Feb 1st. It took me a year to finish the last 5
> exams and three years in total to get to the MCSE. I work as a Network
> Administrator and I knew nothing about installing servers, installing
> Exchange, GPOs, AD, DNS, DHCP, etc. I had an opportunity to set this all up
> from the ground up at my job. I had no plan but I had a lot of preparation
> guides, installation guides, design guides, etc that I download and read from
> Microsoft. My employer paid for one course which was for the 70-294 exam and
> that exam I took a year later! I was too busy setting up the network. In
> short, I earned my stripes getting the MCSE even though I didn't use every
> technology covered on each exam (i.e Remote Access, VPNs, etc) but I tried my
> best with Vmware to recreate the environment for learning. My question is
> this, I want to move ahead into the systems architecture field and do more
> intermediate systems work. Any advise on the best way to go about that? I
> want to certify for Exchange 2007 and get a head start on Windows Server 08
> as well.

You rock. Congrats.

Big Chief

On Feb 21, 9:10*am, Lina <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I passed my last MCSE exam on Feb 1st. It took me a year to finish the last 5
> exams and three years in total to get to the MCSE. I work as a Network
> Administrator and I knew nothing about installing servers, installing
> Exchange, GPOs, AD, DNS, DHCP, etc. I had an opportunity to set this all up
> from the ground up at my job. I had no plan but I had a lot of preparation
> guides, installation guides, design guides, etc that I download and read from
> Microsoft. My employer paid for one course which was for the 70-294 exam and
> that exam I took a year later! I was too busy setting up the network. In
> short, I earned my stripes getting the MCSE even though I didn't use every
> technology covered on each exam (i.e Remote Access, VPNs, etc) but I tried my
> best with Vmware to recreate the environment for learning. My question is
> this, I want to move ahead into the systems architecture field and do more
> intermediate systems work. Any advise on the best way to go about that? I
> want to certify for Exchange 2007 and get a head start on Windows Server 08
> as well.

Congrats. I'm starting the same path as you, and I am finding the
same thing, its hard work. I took my 70-270 a month ago and according
to the materials I had I was fully prepared, scored a 584. so back to
the drawing board, but going with the MS self-training material, lot
more information there. Thanks for the encouraging story.