Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Need help

Reply
Thread Tools

Need help

 
 
bigmoviebuff@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008
Hi guys does any of you guys have this c++ program .
I need the program to input a string and accept a word number and
print this pattern.


Input) This is a message
Input)4

output) s
ssa
essag
message
essag
ssa
s

and if it is a even word for example golden then the output is


ld
olde
golden
olde
ld


Please can any of you guys write this program for me .
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Zeppe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Please can any of you guys write this program for me .


no.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Triple-DES
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008
On 21 Feb, 10:31, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi guys does any of you guys have this c++ program .
> I need the program to input a string and accept a word number and
> print this pattern.
>
> Input) This is a message
> Input)4
>
> output) * * * * * * * * * * * * *s
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ssa
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *essag
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *message
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *essag
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *ssa
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *s
>
> and if it is a even word for example golden then the output is
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *ld
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *olde
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *golden
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *olde
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *ld
>
> Please can any of you guys write this program for me .


Sure, here you go:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <vector>
#include <algorithm>
using namespace std;
ostream& o = cout;
istream& i = cin;
typedef string s;
typedef vector<s> v;
typedef s::iterator si;
typedef size_t t;
#define b_ begin()
#define e_ end()
int main() {
s s_; v v_; t n;
getline(i,s_);
i>>n;
while(--n) s_ = s(find(s_.b_, s_.e_,' ')+1,s_.e_);
s_ = s(s_.b_,find(s_.b_,s_.e_,' '));
t d = 0u;
t ll = s_.size();
for(t l = ((ll ^ 1u) & 1u) + 1; l <= ll {
si b = s_.b_ + (ll - l) / 2;
o<< s(b, b + l) << "\n";
l += 2 - d;
if(l >= ll) d = 4u;
}}
 
Reply With Quote
 
osmium
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi guys does any of you guys have this c++ program .
> I need the program to input a string and accept a word number and
> print this pattern.
>
>
> Input) This is a message
> Input)4
>
> output) s
> ssa
> essag
> message
> essag
> ssa
> s
>
> and if it is a even word for example golden then the output is
>
>
> ld
> olde
> golden
> olde
> ld


There are two main parts to the question. Isolate a particular word and then
print that word in the funny pattern required. There are two kinds of
printing, depending on how many characters are in the word. Start by
writing a program that will get the two inputs from a user. isolate the
desired word and pass that word to a function *to be defined* (by you) that
will do the printing. For earrly testing, simply print the word in that
function.


 
Reply With Quote
 
red floyd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi guys does any of you guys have this c++ program .
> I need the program to input a string and accept a word number and
> print this pattern.
>
> [redacted]


Hi bigmoviebuff, you can find your program here:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...t.html#faq-5.2
 
Reply With Quote
 
P. Lepin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I need the program to input a string and accept a word number and
> print this pattern.
>
> output) s
> ssa
> essag
> message
> essag
> ssa
> s
>
> Please can any of you guys write this program for me .


Sure, why not.

#include <stdexcept>
#include <string>
#include <iostream>
#include <istream>
#include <ostream>
#include <sstream>
using namespace std;
#define m 1<<8
#define si signed int
#define sz size
#define sb substr
#define st string
#define ss istringstream
#define cc(y) c<t,(l-y>0?l-y:1)>
template<class t,si l> class c{
public:t s_,z_;cc(2)*t_;si b_,l_;
static t*p(t s){t x;x=l==1?s:*cc(1):(s);
return new t(t(x.sz()<l?" ":"")+x);}
c(t s,si n=0)
:s_(s),z_(*c<t,m>:(s)),b_(1),l_(!n?s.sz():n){
try{t_=new cc(2)(s_.sb(1,s_.sz()-2),l_);}
catch(out_of_range e){b_=!b_;}}
virtual ~c(){if(b_)delete t_;}
void operator[](si x){(*this)(x);if(b_)(*t_)[!b_];}
void operator()(si x){if(b_&&x)(*t_)(x);
if(l_!=l)cout<<z_.sb(z_.sz()-l_)<<endl;}};
int main(){st g,w;getline(cin,g);si i;cin>>i;ss k(g);
while(i--){k>>w;}c<st,m>o(w);o[1];}

There you go.

--
"These men died for us... frequently!"
 
Reply With Quote
 
jason.cipriani@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-21-2008
On Feb 21, 2:19 pm, "P. Lepin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sure, why not.


I see; so that's the way you want to be. Fine.

*cracks knuckles*

#include <stdio.h>
int main(int Z,char*_,int N){switch(Z){case 0:if(*_){putchar(
main(Z-1,"double f;switch{}0x53*DEBUG=1+9.%|> !+./1256789:I_"
"abcdefghklmn""oprstuwy",*_));return main(Z,1+_,N);}return 0;
case -1:if(N==*_)return 36[_+Z] ;else return main(Z,_-Z,N);
}return main(Z-Z,"cd0D5{.5xd=GdU>dD=U5|=+Ed{.dD..1tll*+=%19b"
"*==*B5b0=Ul*+=%1l0=U1bB{G*b0uul}+=|95h3+Ul.D+5{xl 3xw;seif{w"
"3;f3 edo",N);}

That's C, mind you.

Jason
 
Reply With Quote
 
InsainFreak101@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2008
If your newer to c++, I would start with the word, then delete the the
end letters and display them above and below the original word until
the length of the string is 1 or 2.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pavel Lepin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2008

(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> On Feb 21, 2:19 pm, "P. Lepin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> Sure, why not.

>
> I see; so that's the way you want to be. Fine.
>
> *cracks knuckles*
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main(int Z,char*_,int N){switch(Z){case
> 0:if(*_){putchar( main(Z-1,"double
> f;switch{}0x53*DEBUG=1+9.%|> !+./1256789:I_"
> "abcdefghklmn""oprstuwy",*_));return main(Z,1+_,N);}return
> 0;
> case -1:if(N==*_)return 36[_+Z] ;else return
> main(Z,_-Z,N); }return
> main(Z-Z,"cd0D5{.5xd=GdU>dD=U5|=+Ed{.dD..1tll*+=%19b"
> "*==*B5b0=Ul*+=%1l0=U1bB{G*b0uul}+=|95h3+Ul.D+

{xl3xw;seif{w"
> "3;f3 edo",N);}
>
> That's C, mind you.


Since we started switching languages, I could've whipped out
my Perl, and wouldn't THAT be horrible. But I won't. It's
off-topic here.

(Translation: I'm chickening out!)

--
When all you have is a transformation engine, everything
looks like a tree.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Triple-DES
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2008
On 21 Feb, 20:19, "P. Lepin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Please can any of you guys write this program for me .

>
> Sure, why not.
>
> #include <stdexcept>
> #include <string>
> #include <iostream>
> #include <istream>
> #include <ostream>
> #include <sstream>
> using namespace std;
> #define m 1<<8
> #define si signed int
> #define sz size
> #define sb substr
> #define st string
> #define ss istringstream
> #define cc(y) c<t,(l-y>0?l-y:1)>
> template<class t,si l> class c{
> * public:t s_,z_;cc(2)*t_;si b_,l_;
> * static t*p(t s){t x;x=l==1?s:*cc(1):(s);
> * * return new t(t(x.sz()<l?" ":"")+x);}
> * c(t s,si n=0)
> * * :s_(s),z_(*c<t,m>:(s)),b_(1),l_(!n?s.sz():n){
> * * try{t_=new cc(2)(s_.sb(1,s_.sz()-2),l_);}
> * * catch(out_of_range e){b_=!b_;}}
> * virtual ~c(){if(b_)delete t_;}
> * void operator[](si x){(*this)(x);if(b_)(*t_)[!b_];}
> * void operator()(si x){if(b_&&x)(*t_)(x);
> * * if(l_!=l)cout<<z_.sb(z_.sz()-l_)<<endl;}};
> int main(){st g,w;getline(cin,g);si i;cin>>i;ss k(g);
> while(i--){k>>w;}c<st,m>o(w);o[1];}
>
> There you go.


Good one! I really like how you involve so many c++ features in your
code. I don't think I can top this.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Help, I am intermediate in Java...need help in follow case ElementX Java 9 10-01-2008 08:02 PM
Help Help. I really need some help with this =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?= ASP .Net 3 01-31-2007 09:33 PM
re_---need help Network Adapters!!!! NEED HELP!!!! hedayatniac@gmail.com Computer Support 4 08-13-2006 01:03 AM
Need help! I need to add lead zeros to a textbox Teep ASP .Net 2 06-21-2004 01:04 PM
Please help!!! Need datagrid selection to fill textboxes...Need quick!! TN Bella ASP .Net 1 06-18-2004 01:31 AM



Advertisments