Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IMPORTANT: READ Before WU SP1 (KB937287)

IMPORTANT: READ Before WU SP1 (KB937287)

David F

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx

We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing as a
result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

patricko

dam auto update hosed my new system now I have to re-install I think booting
to cd did not help repair

"David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx

| We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing as
| result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

Patrick

Ok repair finally took me back to last good boot so all ok now

NOW WTF MS

any how how do I turn off auto updates hehehehe so this don't happen again

man I was sweating there

"patricko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> dam auto update hosed my new system now I have to re-install I think
> booting
> to cd did not help repair
>

> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx
> |
> | We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing
> as
> | result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

Patrick

here is what update history told me lol

BETA lol I don't want Beta

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB936330)

Installation date: ‎2/‎21/‎2008 4:38 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800F0816

Update type: Important

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta is an update to Windows Vista that
addresses key feedback from our customers. Windows Vista SP1 Beta addresses
specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware
and adds support for several emerging standards. After you install this
item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...vista/bb738089

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Ok repair finally took me back to last good boot so all ok now
>
> NOW WTF MS
>
> any how how do I turn off auto updates hehehehe so this don't happen again
>
> man I was sweating there
>

> "patricko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> dam auto update hosed my new system now I have to re-install I think
>> booting
>> to cd did not help repair
>>

>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> |
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx
>> |
>> | We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing
>> as
>> | result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

Tony Sperling

Personally, I keep AU on - but I am very cautious since it would love to
update my trusted IE6 behind my back, so I tick the autoinstall feature off
and carefully watch anything it has downloaded before installing!

Tony. . .

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Ok repair finally took me back to last good boot so all ok now
>
> NOW WTF MS
>
> any how how do I turn off auto updates hehehehe so this don't happen again
>
> man I was sweating there
>

> "patricko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> dam auto update hosed my new system now I have to re-install I think
>> booting
>> to cd did not help repair
>>

>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> |
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx
>> |
>> | We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing
>> as
>> | result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, my preferred setting is download everything, install only what I tell
you to install.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Personally, I keep AU on - but I am very cautious since it would love to
> update my trusted IE6 behind my back, so I tick the autoinstall feature
> off and carefully watch anything it has downloaded before installing!
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Ok repair finally took me back to last good boot so all ok now
>>
>> NOW WTF MS
>>
>> any how how do I turn off auto updates hehehehe so this don't happen
>> again
>>
>> man I was sweating there
>>

>> "patricko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> dam auto update hosed my new system now I have to re-install I think
>>> booting
>>> to cd did not help repair
>>>

>>> "David F" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> |
>>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx

>>> as

thetruthhurts @homail.com

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:33:38 -0500, "David F"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx
>
>We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing as a
>result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

I guess M$ doesn't test fixes either.

Frank

thetruthhurts @homail.com wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:33:38 -0500, "David F"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...-kb937287.aspx
>>
>>We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing as a
>>result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

> I guess M$ doesn't test fixes either.

Hey as*hole...what's wrong...isn't your handle 'thetruthhurts' not
working for you so you feel the need to seal someone elses?
Loser!
Frank