Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > RE: MCSE must pass within one year?

RE: MCSE must pass within one year?

Daemon

My question is this. For the MCSE on Windows 2000 some of the exams are
going to retire, some are not. If you pass the core exams that have no
option before march 31st, then pass the optional exams after march 31st are
you awarded the certification?

You meet the requirements for it. Passed the exams before they all expired.
So I would think that this would count. It would just mean that if you did
not have the cores, then you would not be able to get that exam as they
expired.

If any one knows please let me know.
Thanks

"Eric" wrote:

> [...]

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Daemon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> My question is this. For the MCSE on Windows 2000 some of the exams are
> going to retire, some are not. If you pass the core exams that have no
> option before march 31st, then pass the optional exams after march 31st are
> you awarded the certification?
>
> You meet the requirements for it. Passed the exams before they all expired.
> So I would think that this would count. It would just mean that if you did
> not have the cores, then you would not be able to get that exam as they
> expired.
>
> If any one knows please let me know.
> Thanks
>
> "Eric" wrote:

I'm under the delusion that if you get these exams
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...retire.mspx#EZ)
out of the way before March 31st, and you do as you described then
you're in. The thought process behind this is that exams retire, not
certifications.