Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Help Needed

Help Needed

rlc_smiley rlc_smiley is offline
Junior Member

Ok, I'm trying to fix the registry problem I'm having with my hive files, I got the error Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE..... So I'm trying to copy the system files from one folder to another, but when I get to the following command
copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
I get an error saying the file could not be copied...What do I do from there?