Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > A nearly On-Topic question

A nearly On-Topic question

CBIC

"kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9A4C8F06CCFFCipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...

> anyway...based on this I say you're doing it right.
>
> ...so there really is no problem.
>
> Your welcome.

I agree. If the script doesn't meet your requirement, then change your
requirement and take the rest of the day off.

news:Xns9A4C90087BC43ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> hmmmm... seems Vista solves all your problems.

Someone should punch you in the mouth for typing that.

PAJ

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:17:29 -0800, "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No, seriously
>
>I'm trying to write a Group Policy to allow certain ActiveX controls to
>load on machines without local admin privileges. This is what I've come
>up with, but for some reason it won't work. Anyone out there ever done
>this before? What have I done wrong?
>

>************************************************* ***********
>CLASS USER
>CATEGORY "Windows Components"
> CATEGORY "Internet Explorer"
> CATEGORY "Administrator Approved Controls"
> KEYNAME
>"Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersi on\Internet
>Settings\AllowedControls"
>

> POLICY "Allowed ActiveX"
> EXPLAIN "Allows specific ActiveX to run"
> PART "Promax Logon" CHECKBOX
> VALUENAME {ED5BE7F4-9C97-4013-8838-48C20128D73A}
> VALUEON NUMERIC 0
> VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
> END PART
> END POLICY
>

> END CATEGORY ;; AdminApproved
> END CATEGORY ;; Internet Explorer
>END CATEGORY ;; WindowsComponents
>
>************************************************* ***************
>
>Valuename is the ID # from the control in the downloaded program files,
>and the policy shows up, and is enabled in the GPO snap-in.

Maybe it is applied and your link order is screwed up?

kpg*

"CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#cg1RrZdIHA.4312
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9A4C8F06CCFFCipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
>

>> anyway...based on this I say you're doing it right.
>>
>> ...so there really is no problem.
>>
>> Your welcome.
>>

> I agree. If the script doesn't meet your requirement, then change your
> requirement and take the rest of the day off.

There is no spoon.

kpg*

"JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OtCRPMZdIHA.5348
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

> I know it's prolly something stupid I'm doing.

I could not agree more.

JaR

On 2/22/2008,kpg* had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:OtCRPMZdIHA.5348
> @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
>
> > I know it's prolly something stupid I'm doing.

> I could not agree more.

Thanks. uh...I mean...hey!

--
JaR
Same to you

JaR

On 2/22/2008,CBIC had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9A4C90087BC43ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> > hmmmm... seems Vista solves all your problems.
> >

> Someone should punch you in the mouth for typing that.

Hard and repeatedly!

--
JaR
Teach 'im ta agree with *me*
Remove hat to reply

JaR

On 2/22/2008,CBIC had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9A4C8F06CCFFCipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
>

> > anyway...based on this I say you're doing it right.
> >
> > ...so there really is no problem.
> >
> > Your welcome.
> >

> I agree. If the script doesn't meet your requirement, then change
> your requirement and take the rest of the day off.

First intelligent thing I've heard all fscking day.

--
JaR
Make it so, Number One!

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 2/22/2008,CBIC had the unmitigated gall to claim:
>

> > "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Xns9A4C90087BC43ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> > > hmmmm... seems Vista solves all your problems.
> > >

> > Someone should punch you in the mouth for typing that.

> Hard and repeatedly!
>
> --
> JaR
> Teach 'im ta agree with *me*