Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Ink levels

Ink levels

Steve

Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:

In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.

Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
check ink levels...

--

Even he, to whom most things that most people
would think were pretty smart were pretty dumb,

....Douglas Adams

Mr. Strat

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Steve
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:
>
> In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
> printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
> to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
> compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
> ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.
>

> Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
> check ink levels...

Sounds like the tech needs a course in English and grammar. I'd avoid
Vista like the plague.

Ed Mullikin

"Mr. Strat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:200220080844390773%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Steve
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:
>>
>> In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
>> printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
>> to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
>> compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
>> ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.
>>

>> Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
>> check ink levels...

> Sounds like the tech needs a course in English and grammar. I'd avoid
> Vista like the plague.

Amen! I have Vista and I'd like very much to go back to XP. I converted
because my laptop came with it. TOO LATE!! There are some programs and a
printer that I had to scrap.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? "Ed Mullikin" <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:J90vj.3572$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mr. Strat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:200220080844390773%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Steve
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Received this from an HP tech regarding the Deskjet 3425:
> >>
> >> In windows Vista the printer drivers are inbuilt which are basic
> >> printer drivers. To check the ink levels, Full Featured drivers need
> >> to install on the computer. In Vista, there is no download drivers and
> >> compatible CD to install Full Feature drivers so you cannot view the
> >> ink levels of the ink cartridge in Vista operating system.
> >>

> >> Does this sound right? Seems kinda ridiculous that there's no way to
> >> check ink levels...

> > Sounds like the tech needs a course in English and grammar. I'd avoid
> > Vista like the plague.

> Amen! I have Vista and I'd like very much to go back to XP. I converted
> because my laptop came with it. TOO LATE!! There are some programs and a
> printer that I had to scrap.

The same here too, my mother's laptop came with vista. The previous printer,
a lexmark z605, was useless, despite downloading vista drivers. It was 5
years old, anyway. It's going to our holiday house, with the 1.8 GHz
celeron, for the german "guests".... (New printer is HP 2460).[FWIW, we rent
our holiday house, mostly to germans]

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering