Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

Wrt54G with a wrt300N Router

Marathon

Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the computer
with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Marathon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the
> computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

Marathon

Oops, my bad.

The extender is the wrE54g.

TIA!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Marathon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the
>> computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Ho
It would work with the WRT54G.
The G PCI work with the wre34g too.
Usually Extenders (Repeaters) need a Matching Wireless Router. I am not
sure whether the wrt300N being Drat-N would work with the wre54G, best is to
email Linksys support and ask.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Marathon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oops, my bad.
>
> The extender is the wrE54g.
>
> TIA!
>

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>> Both of these are Wireless Router. Where the Extender is?
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "Marathon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> Can I use the range expander if transmitting in mixed mode and the
>>> computer with the low signal has a Linksys wireless G Pci card?

Marathon

Thanks,

Will try them.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...