Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Testing gethostbyname() blocking

Testing gethostbyname() blocking

raseelbhagat@gmail.com

Hi,

I am planning to replace the gethostbyname() blocking call with the
asynchronous library routines , i.e., libcares.

But, before I do that, how do I go about testing the blocking call ,
and subsequently on replacing with libcares routines, the
asynchronousity (i know ,it;s not even a word)

Thanks,
Raseel
http://www.raseel.in/techblog

Richard Bos

> I am planning to replace the gethostbyname() blocking call with the
> asynchronous library routines , i.e., libcares.

Then you need to ask in (probably!) comp.unix.programmer. comp.lang.c
deals with portable ISO C. What you're trying to do is rather system-
dependent. You will get better answers in a system-specific newsgroup.

Richard

raseelbhagat@gmail.com

On Feb 19, 2:11 pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:
> Then you need to ask in (probably!) comp.unix.programmer. comp.lang.c
> deals with portable ISO C. What you're trying to do is rather system-
> dependent. You will get better answers in a system-specific newsgroup.
>
> Richard

Ok Thanks Richard.