Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Driver for HP Deskjet 845c (Windows 98)

Driver for HP Deskjet 845c (Windows 98)

JayJay

A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.

I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
the driver for Windows 98.

Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

EMB

JayJay wrote:
> A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
> Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
>
> I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
> the driver for Windows 98.
>
> Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/143/143696.htm

You'll have to register for Driverguide to get it.

noone@nospamyahoo.cnn

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:19:27 +1300, JayJay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
>Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
>
>I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
>the driver for Windows 98.
>
>Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

Plenty of Driver sites you will find on google.

JayJay

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:37:53 +1300, EMB wrote:

> JayJay wrote:
>> A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
>> Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
>>
>> I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
>> the driver for Windows 98.
>>
>> Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

> http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/143/143696.htm
>
> You'll have to register for Driverguide to get it.

I registered on this site but for the life of me I can't log in
correctly. I enter a correct email address and password log in but
when I attempt to go further it says I need to reenter the
registration information. I notice that when I log in I press the
enter button and at this point the password box goes blank. I've sent
an email to them but don't hold out too much hope.

JayJay

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:48:00 +1300, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:19:27 +1300, JayJay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
>>Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
>>
>>I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
>>the driver for Windows 98.
>>
>>Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

> Plenty of Driver sites you will find on google.

All the ones I've tried (and I've tried a lot) don't have the driver
for 98. If you know a site that has this driver I would appreciate a
link.

JayJay

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:18:05 +1300, JayJay wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:37:53 +1300, EMB wrote:
>
>> JayJay wrote:
>>> A neighbour has been given an HP Deskjet 845c printer to go with his
>>> Windows 98 computer but hasn't been given the driver CD.
>>>
>>> I've goggled for the driver but it appears that HP no longer supplies
>>> the driver for Windows 98.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have the driver or know how I can download one.

>> http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/143/143696.htm
>>
>> You'll have to register for Driverguide to get it.

> I registered on this site but for the life of me I can't log in
> correctly. I enter a correct email address and password log in but
> when I attempt to go further it says I need to reenter the
> registration information. I notice that when I log in I press the
> enter button and at this point the password box goes blank. I've sent
> an email to them but don't hold out too much hope.

Since I wrote this message I've received a reply from DriveGuide and
they have reset my account settings and I can now enter the site and
download. I now have the driver I was seeking.

Impressed with the speed in which they answered my email, around 30
minutes to reply, not bad for a free registration.