Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jumpy mouse & sounds gitter when I click anything with it

Jumpy mouse & sounds gitter when I click anything with it

Grandpa Chuck

After several hours of being idle if I use the mouse the cursor jumps
or jerks when we use it. Also there is an extremely fast repeating of
the audio normally heard.

The only way to bring it out of it that we have found is to reboot.

I know I asked a similar question a week or so back, but in the
meantime lost all of the posting in the newsgroup.

I have not yet checked for an updated driver for the Microsoft
wireless mouse and keyboard, but will as soon as I send this message.

The computer we are having the problem with is a P4 with 1G of memory
and two 100G hard drives.

Thank you for your suggestions.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me

Tony

Tell me Grandpa Chuck do you live in a place that the climate is so cold
you could literally freeze to death in 2 seconds flat if you stepped
outside?

Grandpa Chuck wrote:

> After several hours of being idle if I use the mouse the cursor jumps
> or jerks when we use it. Also there is an extremely fast repeating of
> the audio normally heard.
>
> The only way to bring it out of it that we have found is to reboot.
>
> I know I asked a similar question a week or so back, but in the
> meantime lost all of the posting in the newsgroup.
>
> I have not yet checked for an updated driver for the Microsoft
> wireless mouse and keyboard, but will as soon as I send this message.
>
> The computer we are having the problem with is a P4 with 1G of memory
> and two 100G hard drives.
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
> --
>
> Grandpa Chuck
> -τΏτ-
> ~
>
> Please grant me:
> the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
> the courage to change the one that I can
> the wisdom to know that it is me

Grandpa Chuck

Not quite that quickly but we have had more than our share of nights
below zero and some days less than five above. We have had more snow
this year than we have for a very long time starting in early
December. We did not get a "January thaw" like we normally do.
My wife and I have been talking about how we are going to make some
changes in our garden this year just to take our minds off the cold.

Last night on the news they said some people have had their furnaces
freezing up from things as simple as failing to change the filters
once a month. They said if you notice frost forming on the outside
natural gas pipe where it comes into the house to call the gas company
immediately. Last night there were still a number of state highways
that were drifted shut and travel was not advised at all from the
strong winds and drifting snows.

Oh, for days of spring and blooming daffodils and tulips!

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:16:38 -0500, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Tell me Grandpa Chuck do you live in a place that the climate is so cold
>you could literally freeze to death in 2 seconds flat if you stepped
>outside?
>
>Grandpa Chuck wrote:
>
>> After several hours of being idle if I use the mouse the cursor jumps
>> or jerks when we use it. Also there is an extremely fast repeating of
>> the audio normally heard.
>>
>> The only way to bring it out of it that we have found is to reboot.
>>
>> I know I asked a similar question a week or so back, but in the
>> meantime lost all of the posting in the newsgroup.
>>
>> I have not yet checked for an updated driver for the Microsoft
>> wireless mouse and keyboard, but will as soon as I send this message.
>>
>> The computer we are having the problem with is a P4 with 1G of memory
>> and two 100G hard drives.
>>
>> Thank you for your suggestions.
>> --
>>
>> Grandpa Chuck
>> -τΏτ-
>> ~
>>
>> Please grant me:
>> the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
>> the courage to change the one that I can
>> the wisdom to know that it is me

--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-
~

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me

Grandpa Chuck

By the way, can you or someone tell me where to get an updated
download for my wireless keyboard and mouse?

When I ran a search everyone wanted to be paid.

I did reinstall the original software and it helped some, but it still
does what it shouldn't some of the time.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Grandpa Chuck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>By the way, can you or someone tell me where to get an updated
>download for my wireless keyboard and mouse?
>
> When I ran a search everyone wanted to be paid.
>
>I did reinstall the original software and it helped some, but it still
>does what it shouldn't some of the time.

Google the number on the bottom of the mouse.
or
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

>On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:16:38 -0500, Tony <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Tell me Grandpa Chuck do you live in a place that the climate is so cold
>>you could literally freeze to death in 2 seconds flat if you stepped
>>outside?
>>
>>Grandpa Chuck wrote:
>>
>>> After several hours of being idle if I use the mouse the cursor jumps
>>> or jerks when we use it. Also there is an extremely fast repeating of
>>> the audio normally heard.
>>>
>>> The only way to bring it out of it that we have found is to reboot.
>>>
>>> I know I asked a similar question a week or so back, but in the
>>> meantime lost all of the posting in the newsgroup.
>>>
>>> I have not yet checked for an updated driver for the Microsoft
>>> wireless mouse and keyboard, but will as soon as I send this message.
>>>
>>> The computer we are having the problem with is a P4 with 1G of memory
>>> and two 100G hard drives.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your suggestions.
>>> --
>>>
>>> Grandpa Chuck
>>> -τΏτ-
>>> ~
>>>
>>> Please grant me:
>>> the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
>>> the courage to change the one that I can
>>> the wisdom to know that it is me

--

Optical Illusion: Contrast Asynchrony
http://tinyurl.com/2qs5wu

Grandpa Chuck

Thanks Pennywise. I don't have time this morning, but I saved you
posting so I can bring it right up hopefully this evening.