Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Want to list, copy, rename files from asp on a different windows domain

Want to list, copy, rename files from asp on a different windows domain

Jeremy

We have files arriving via ftp to a server which is on a different domain
than the intranet webserver. I want to be able to manipulate these files
from the website. Both domains are within the firewall.

I've tried creating a virtual directory, but don't know how to give aspnet
the right permissions.

Likewise, I created a DFS root on the webserver, added a link to the ftp
data folder, but again, the website doesn't have permission (I don't think
replication is the answer here).

Is impersonation/delegation the only way? I've been avoiding that because
it seems more complicated.