Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to add EXIF date from file-date

How to add EXIF date from file-date

Chris Savage

follow-up ignored.

On 2008-02-18, H.S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>> <http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/>

> Interesting. Would you know if this tool works in a batch mode in
> Windows? In Linux, I can type up bash commands in a few minutes to do
> this job automatically for any number of files. But if the tool doesn't
> work in batch mode in Windows, the user is going to take ages to do this
> one by one for his thousands of pictures!

Run bash on windows:

http://www.cygwin.com
http://win-bash.sourceforge.net/

many others available with a google search

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?

Father Kodak

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:26:18 -0800, Matt Ion <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>l v wrote:

>I find that almost universally, it's the non-Windows users who are
>intelligent enough to provide OS information. Your typical Windows
>(l)user doesn't understand that not all computers run on Windows. Thus
>it's safe to assume that we're dealing with some version of Windows here.

Bzzzzzzzzt. Sloppy thinking here.

The real reason is that non-Windows users have had to deal all their
(computer) lives with the fact that they are in a very small minority.
Windows users probably understand that their system is the same one
that most people use.

At this time, given the poor market acceptance of Vista and the fact
that Windows XP has been around since about 2002, you can safely
assume that the OP is probably running Windows XP.

Father Kodak