Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Ethernet Bridge

Ethernet Bridge

Craig Hummel

I have a wireless network with a linksys g router. My kid has an Xbox and
plays games accross the internet. I'm looking to buy a bridge that is only
802.11b. (it will work with the router). (Linksys wet11)

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it fast enough to play the games?

Thanks

Craig

Malke

Craig Hummel wrote:

> I have a wireless network with a linksys g router. My kid has an Xbox
> and
> plays games accross the internet. I'm looking to buy a bridge that is
> only 802.11b. (it will work with the router). (Linksys wet11)
>
> Does anyone have experience with this? Is it fast enough to play the
> games?
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig

I don't know why you want a "bridge that is only 802.11b". There are
several "wireless game adapters" on the market. Since you have a
Linksys, considering buying a Linksys brand one. I have one, and it
works extremely well connecting the Xbox to the wireless network. There
is no lag (and my boys play games like Halo, etc.) and performance is
very satisfactory.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User