Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > UK Only: Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students

UK Only: Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students

I would like to become a part time student in the London area in order to
qualify for a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students. I need a
college that will give me an email address with ac.uk address and would
prefer an IT related course.

Can anyone suggest a college. I would prefer an evening course that isn't
too expensive.

Thanks.

http://www.theultimatesteal.co.uk/?cid=198

why?

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:02:16 -0000, W wrote:

>I would like to become a part time student in the London area in order to

That's a big area, would a part time evening course with 2-3 hours
travelling be okay or do you have other requirements?

None of the local / regional UK groups were better than asking in an
international public ng?

>qualify for a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students. I need a

That's sad, besides OpenOffice is free already.

>college that will give me an email address with ac.uk address and would

That's not all they usually need, minimun hours/week and proof of ID.

http://www.google.com/search?q=uk+it...college+london

>Can anyone suggest a college. I would prefer an evening course that isn't
>too expensive.

You are just being too lazy, perhaps an indication of your ability to
study / find things by yourself.

Any of the college sites would list the prices and you would know if it
was too expensive or not.

Me

Whiskers

On 2008-02-17, W <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like to become a part time student in the London area in order to
> qualify for a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate for Students. I need a
> college that will give me an email address with ac.uk address and would
> prefer an IT related course.
>
> Can anyone suggest a college. I would prefer an evening course that isn't
> too expensive.
>
> Thanks.
>
> http://www.theultimatesteal.co.uk/?cid=198

<http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/buy/universityoffertandc/default.mspx>

Eligibility.

Entry into this promotion may only be made by students who are enrolled
at an education institution geographically located in the United
Kingdom, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man, and possess an email
address with the suffix 'ac.uk', 'ac.im', 'ac.gg' or 'ac.je'. This
offer is non-transferable. This offer cannot be combined with any other
Microsoft offers or rebates. Microsoft or an appointed vendor may
contact you to verify that you are a current student. If documentation
is not provided indicating that you are a current student, you will be
liable to reimburse Microsoft for the full retail cost of the software
(£599.99)

I don't think you'll get a .ac.uk email account by enrolling for evening
classes; you'll have to enroll as a full-time student at a recognised
(by Microsoft) university.

Corel WordPerfect Office X3 Standard Edition £276.13 incl VAT
<http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Product/1152105038419>

StarOffice 8 retail price $99.95 or download $69.95
<http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/get.jsp>

IBM Lotus Symphony free download
<http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa>

OpenOffice free download <http://www.openoffice.org/>

.... and many other office suites. Just do some research )

--
-- Whiskers