Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Analog-To-Digital Conversion Box

Analog-To-Digital Conversion Box

Jack

Exactly where do you connect this box to:

1) the VCR

or, if you have no VCR

2) the TV

Thanks

Dave

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
>
> 1) the VCR
>
> or, if you have no VCR
>
> 2) the TV
>
> Thanks

Are you talking about the new digital tuners to allow digital programming to
be viewed on regular TVs? If so, then the answer is 1 or 2. Either one is
OK. Converting from analog to digital? Not sure what you'd connect that
puppy to. -Dave

richard

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:37:04 -0500, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
>>
>> 1) the VCR
>>
>> or, if you have no VCR
>>
>> 2) the TV
>>
>> Thanks

>Are you talking about the new digital tuners to allow digital programming to
>be viewed on regular TVs? If so, then the answer is 1 or 2. Either one is
>OK. Converting from analog to digital? Not sure what you'd connect that
>puppy to. -Dave

Try before and after the vcr and see which works best.

--
"Tell a lie often enough, loud enough, and long enough and people will believe you."
Adolph Hitler

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jack) wrote:

> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
>
> 1) the VCR
>
> or, if you have no VCR
>
> 2) the TV

You attach it wherever you would currently attach an antenna wire.

--
Barry Margolin, (E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA

Scott in SoCal

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:48:00 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:37:04 -0500, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
>>>
>>> 1) the VCR
>>>
>>> or, if you have no VCR
>>>
>>> 2) the TV
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>Are you talking about the new digital tuners to allow digital programming to
>>be viewed on regular TVs? If so, then the answer is 1 or 2. Either one is
>>OK.

>Try before and after the vcr and see which works best.

Well, unless the OP's VCR has an ATSC tuner in it, before would seem
to be your only option if he wants to record anything besides static.

Of course, if his VCR has an ATSC tuner, then he doesn't really need
the converter box at all.

Tony Calguire

(E-Mail Removed) (Jack) wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
>
> 1) the VCR
>
> or, if you have no VCR
>
> 2) the TV

If the converter has RF output (coaxial, like a cable TV cable), then you
hook it up to "antenna" on the back of your TV or VCR, and tune your TV or
VCR to channel 3 or 4.

If the converter box has composite output (RCA connectors, yellow, red,
white / video, right audio, left audio), then you plug those three
connectros into the back of your TV or VCR where it says "video in / audio
in".

PeeCee

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Exactly where do you connect this box to:
>
> 1) the VCR
>
> or, if you have no VCR
>
> 2) the TV
>
> Thanks

It goes between whatever analog output device you have and whatever digital
input device you have.
It does not connect to one 'or' the other.
Without more details of what the A to D converter is and what analog and
digital devices you have, any other suggestion is purely speculative.

Best
Paul.

rick++

I have yet to see these at department stores.
Consumer columns suggest doing this this summer
when availibility will be better and avoid the last-minute rush.

If youa re gambler, I would be surprised if this is a popular
Black Friday 2008 rush at zero cost with rebate.