Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NET framework 2

NET framework 2

kineton1

Somehow my net framework 2 seems to be unworkable. I run both
Paintdotnet and Sync Toy - or DID - but they both come up with a
message about having a problem and need to close ( please send report
to ...etc etc). Both of those programs need Net Fr2 to run. I have
tried UNinstalling NET Fr 2 No Luck. I have tried simply reinstalling
NET Fr 2 - again, No luck... I have tried quite radical Registry clean
ups - No luck there. I have re registered various DLLs. All these
attempts result in error messages. Also waiting to download a patch
update for Net Fr2 and keep getting bugged about that from Microsoft.
Again this won't work either.
I have not tried just deleting NetFr2 files as I do not know which
files to delete and anyway that does not solve the registry entries. I
have an idea this was caused by trying to install IE 7. I am now back
at IE6 after much aggravation in trying to restart the computer and
rolling back.
Now I am at wit's end and thinking about reinstalling the computer
files I got when I bought the machine. Not happy about that prospect
when I think about all the updates and programs installed in the last
two years.. I am running XP with sp2 HP Media Center.
Thanks in advance for any help

Mr. Arnold

"kineton1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somehow my net framework 2 seems to be unworkable. I run both
> Paintdotnet and Sync Toy - or DID - but they both come up with a
> message about having a problem and need to close ( please send report
> to ...etc etc).

Why is that you consider that there is something wrong with the .Net
Framework, because two .Net solutions/programs/applications are aborting?

>Both of those programs need Net Fr2 to run. I have
> tried UNinstalling NET Fr 2 No Luck. I have tried simply reinstalling
> NET Fr 2 - again, No luck... I have tried quite radical Registry clean
> ups - No luck there. I have re registered various DLLs. All these
> attempts result in error messages. Also waiting to download a patch
> update for Net Fr2 and keep getting bugged about that from Microsoft.
> Again this won't work either.

..Net solutions in regard to .NET DLL(s) do not use the registry, nothing is
ever registered with the registry. The registry is obsolete with .NET
solutions.

> I have not tried just deleting NetFr2 files as I do not know which
> files to delete and anyway that does not solve the registry entries.

Again, .Net solutions do not use the registry.

> have an idea this was caused by trying to install IE 7. I am now back
> at IE6 after much aggravation in trying to restart the computer and
> rolling back.

Nether one of the browsers have anything to do with the .Net Framework, as
they are not .Net solutions.

> Now I am at wit's end and thinking about reinstalling the computer
> files I got when I bought the machine. Not happy about that prospect
> when I think about all the updates and programs installed in the last
> two years.. I am running XP with sp2 HP Media Center.
> Thanks in advance for any help

You're off in lest field with this. The error messages must have been
recorded in the System or Application EventLog, which can be viewed off of
Control Panel/Admin Tools/Events.

What do the messages say concerning the applications?