Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How do I use SendInput in Python?

How do I use SendInput in Python?

Adam W.

I'm at the last stage of my project and the only thing left to do is
trigger a mouse click. I did some searching around for example code
and stumped upon SendInput http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646310.aspx
.. However I was not able to find example code for python USING
SendInput, and I have zero ability to make C work (or whatever that is
written in). Can someone help me use SendInput in python, or point me
to an alternative method?

Gabriel Genellina

En Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:08:59 -0200, Adam W. <(E-Mail Removed)>
escribi�:

> I'm at the last stage of my project and the only thing left to do is
> trigger a mouse click. I did some searching around for example code
> and stumped upon SendInput
> . However I was not able to find example code for python USING
> SendInput, and I have zero ability to make C work (or whatever that is
> written in). Can someone help me use SendInput in python, or point me
> to an alternative method?

Try sendkeys: http://www.rutherfurd.net/python/sendkeys/index.html
PyWinAuto uses the above library and lets you automate an application in a
very simple way:
http://www.openqa.org/pywinauto

--
Gabriel Genellina