Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Connectivity Problem

Connectivity Problem

allmal allmal is offline
Junior Member

I have a wireless network at home and I have been unable to connect to the internet the past 2 days on the bedroom PC. I do have a very good connection using my laptop.

I tried the "Repair" option on Windows and for some reason or another it is unable to renew my IP address. I tried "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig /renew" but it did not work.

When I tried ipconfig /renew I received this message:
"An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection 2: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,
allmal