Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Getting old laptop to cennect to Home network

Getting old laptop to cennect to Home network

Trevor

Have been given an old laptop and I am trying to connect it to my home
wireless network using a Dynamode USB network adapter. Device manager shows
it installed correctly. When I try to connect to my network which has
WPA/PSK, it says the network is WEP, so when I type in the network key it
rejects it as being the wrong no of digits.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
WEP can not connect to WPA. If the Wireless card is capable to do WEP only
you have to get a card that does WPA.
From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
No Security
WEP64____(Easy, to "Brake" by knowledgeable people).
WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Brake ).
WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
your Wireless hardware.
phrase.
of one of the Wireless devices.
device with a better one.
http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:189a3$47b71246$50e5af86$(E-Mail Removed). com...