Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with Sony Vaio Model Number

Help with Sony Vaio Model Number

nickolas80@gmail.com

Ok, I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, which I need to format and reinstall XP
on. I'm trying to get the drivers from Sony's website, but I can't
find my model number in Sony's dropdown list.

The model number shown on the bottom is: PCG-6J2L

This not one listed in the dropdown box.

Can anyone point me in the direction for the correct XP drivers for my
system?

SgtMinor

> Ok, I have a Sony Vaio Laptop, which I need to format and reinstall XP
> on. I'm trying to get the drivers from Sony's website, but I can't
> find my model number in Sony's dropdown list.
>
> The model number shown on the bottom is: PCG-6J2L
>
> This not one listed in the dropdown box.
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction for the correct XP drivers for my
> system?

Go on-line with the Vaio - using IE - to
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/sel...ER&PRODTYPE=24
and click on "AUTO DETECT". It promises to take you to the proper
download page.