Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 - "Server Application Unavailable"

ASP.NET 2.0 - "Server Application Unavailable"

SpaceMarine

hello,

i know this is a common error, and i intend to research it next, but i
thought id drop in here first.

when i run my ASP.NET project from VS.NET 2005's internal, debug web
server, it works fine. like so:

http://localhost:4943/1.0/

but when i run it from the site i setup in IIS (http://localhost/), i
get the Big Red Error;

Server Application Unavailable

....is there a quick, common config setting or fix to get it working
properly in IIS?

thanks!
sm

tian

That's a typical problem in IIS.
Just check your asp.net version in IIS.
When your application version is asp.net 2.0 and your web server is asp.net
1.1 or 1.0.
This phenomena come out!

"SpaceMarine" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
>
> i know this is a common error, and i intend to research it next, but i
> thought id drop in here first.
>
> when i run my ASP.NET project from VS.NET 2005's internal, debug web
> server, it works fine. like so:
>
> http://localhost:4943/1.0/
>
> but when i run it from the site i setup in IIS (http://localhost/), i
> get the Big Red Error;
>
> Server Application Unavailable
>

> ...is there a quick, common config setting or fix to get it working
> properly in IIS?
>

> thanks!
> sm

Sachin Saki

Go to IIS -> Default Web Site -> Right Click on your web site virtual
directory
and On ASP.NET tab check the .NET Framework Version. It must be 2.0.xxxxx

Thanks
Sachin Saki

"tian" wrote:

> That's a typical problem in IIS.
> Just check your asp.net version in IIS.
> When your application version is asp.net 2.0 and your web server is asp.net
> 1.1 or 1.0.
> This phenomena come out!
>
> "SpaceMarine" <(E-Mail Removed)> 写入消息
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > hello,
> >
> > i know this is a common error, and i intend to research it next, but i
> > thought id drop in here first.
> >
> > when i run my ASP.NET project from VS.NET 2005's internal, debug web
> > server, it works fine. like so:
> >
> > http://localhost:4943/1.0/
> >
> > but when i run it from the site i setup in IIS (http://localhost/), i
> > get the Big Red Error;
> >
> > Server Application Unavailable
> >

> > ...is there a quick, common config setting or fix to get it working
> > properly in IIS?
> >

> > thanks!
> > sm

SpaceMarine

On Feb 15, 11:35 am, "tian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> That's a typical problem in IIS.
> Just check your asp.net version in IIS.
> When your application version is asp.net 2.0 and your web server is asp.net
> 1.1 or 1.0.
> This phenomena come out!

i should have mentioned... my IIS is set to 2.0.50727, so it isnt
that.

im also using the 3rd-pary IISAdmin utility to server multiple root
sites off of Windows XP, but it isnt that because i believe ive run
other 2.0 sites right along 1.0 sites with it.

still trying to figure out.

sm

SpaceMarine

found the fix. had to run this:

aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet

....which granted IIS metadata access to the ASPNET account.

woot!

thanks,
sm

tian

"aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet" is a way to register your current version to your
IIS!

"SpaceMarine" <(E-Mail Removed)> ????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> found the fix. had to run this:
>
> aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet
>
> ...which granted IIS metadata access to the ASPNET account.
>
> woot!
>

> thanks,
> sm

SpaceMarine

On Feb 15, 8:26 pm, "tian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet" is a way to register your current version to your
> IIS!
>
> "SpaceMarine" <(E-Mail Removed)> ????news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > found the fix. had to run this:

> > aspnet_regiis -ga aspnet

> > ...which granted IIS metadata access to the ASPNET account.

....i dont think so, not exactly. read the help documentation on the
flags. "-ga" is for Granting Access to iss' metadata for a user
("aspnet" user).