Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Windows XP and a little ASPNET form

Windows XP and a little ASPNET form

Sandman

Hi

I am able to get a HTML form up and running thru IIS. But the ASP script
parts are being ignored. I tried setting TRACE but it didn't show.

thanks
sandy

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Sandman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47b570af$(E-Mail Removed)...

> ASP script

You're in the wrong newsgroup - this one is for ASP.NET...

For ASP (including VBScript), please post in:
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Sandman

Hi

I started at the ASP.NET end, on a substantial script, and couldn't get the
ASP.NET script working, parsed it back to something simple, then gave up and
when to ASP, just in case I hadn't grasped some basics which are picked up
while working on ASP. (I thought I should be able to jump in at the deep end
on ASP.NET. Oh well.)

However. Good news. The following script in ASP works for me now. Just
shortly after lunch.

This page was last refreshed on <%= Now() %>.

It's amazing how much pleasure that success gave me.

I found the ASP, ASP.NET and ISS FAQ websites along the way. That is mighty
helpful.

I have yet to return to ASP.NET to see whether the substantial script was
only a hair's breadth away from working.

A funny thing about my IIS. The documents mention the Web Service Extension
node in the IIS Manager. But my Manager seems not to have one.

Anyway, if I have an ASP.NET problem I'll let you know.

thanks
Sandy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...