Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista Ultimate Windows Update Problem 2 (KB938979)

Vista Ultimate Windows Update Problem 2 (KB938979)

Stone Chen

I've got Windows Vista x64 installed, and now Update for Windows Vista for
x64-based Systems (KB938979) showing on Windows Update, it's dated
10/9/2007 but I've'n't got it installed yet. Anyone else having the same
problem?

Thanks

Bob

What happens when you try to install it?

"Stone Chen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've got Windows Vista x64 installed, and now Update for Windows Vista for
> x64-based Systems (KB938979) showing on Windows Update, it's dated
> 10/9/2007 but I've'n't got it installed yet. Anyone else having the same
> problem?
>
> Thanks

Mark

Same problem here.
Rebooted, then tried to install again. It then installed.

Seems it got confused because my computer went to sleep instead of
restarting after the update.

"Stone Chen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've got Windows Vista x64 installed, and now Update for Windows Vista for
> x64-based Systems (KB938979) showing on Windows Update, it's dated
> 10/9/2007 but I've'n't got it installed yet. Anyone else having the same
> problem?
>
> Thanks

howarddy

Hi...

I am having a problem with installing 938371, which is a component for
installing the future SP1.

I have tried 3 times, including individually, to install it.

I keep getting an error code of 80070570, which I can't find.

Near the time I last tried to install it.... my Norton security trapped a
connection attempt to IP address 65.55.192.61, an address that didn't resolve.

I blocked that since it seems very suspicious.

Anyone have a similar problem?? Anyone know what the error code means??

H.
"Stone Chen" wrote:

> I've got Windows Vista x64 installed, and now Update for Windows Vista for
> x64-based Systems (KB938979) showing on Windows Update, it's dated
> 10/9/2007 but I've'n't got it installed yet. Anyone else having the same
> problem?
>
> Thanks

Bob

Uninstall Norton and replace it with the free AVG or Avast, and Windows
Firewall and Windows Defender. Disabling Norton is not enough.

"howarddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi...
>
> I am having a problem with installing 938371, which is a component for
> installing the future SP1.
>
> I have tried 3 times, including individually, to install it.
>
> I keep getting an error code of 80070570, which I can't find.
>
> Near the time I last tried to install it.... my Norton security trapped
> connection attempt to IP address 65.55.192.61, an address that didn't
> resolve.
>
> I blocked that since it seems very suspicious.
>
> Anyone have a similar problem?? Anyone know what the error code means??
>
> H.
> "Stone Chen" wrote:
>
>> I've got Windows Vista x64 installed, and now Update for Windows Vista
>> for
>> x64-based Systems (KB938979) showing on Windows Update, it's dated
>> 10/9/2007 but I've'n't got it installed yet. Anyone else having the same
>> problem?
>>
>> Thanks

Colin Barnhorst

Download the installer from the Microsoft site and install manually.

"howarddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi...
>
> I am having a problem with installing 938371, which is a component for
> installing the future SP1.
>
> I have tried 3 times, including individually, to install it.
>
> I keep getting an error code of 80070570, which I can't find.
>
> Near the time I last tried to install it.... my Norton security trapped
> connection attempt to IP address 65.55.192.61, an address that didn't
> resolve.
>
> I blocked that since it seems very suspicious.
>
> Anyone have a similar problem?? Anyone know what the error code means??
>
> H.
> "Stone Chen" wrote:
>
>> I've got Windows Vista x64 installed, and now Update for Windows Vista
>> for
>> x64-based Systems (KB938979) showing on Windows Update, it's dated
>> 10/9/2007 but I've'n't got it installed yet. Anyone else having the same
>> problem?
>>
>> Thanks

Drew

Error translates to "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

Drew