Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can Not delete two files no matter what

Can Not delete two files no matter what

Zap Eagle

I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
suggestions as to how to
accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
ownership of your folders
everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
the error, and under that
is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
and were created apparently
over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
my computer, it is
driving me crazy to figure this out.
I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
themselves.

Folder now named Z----
Subfolder named K

Error Deleting File or Folder

X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.

These are the names of the files I can't delete.

Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
1/22/2007 7:24 PM

FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
1/23/2007 1:44 PM

Big Cat

Zap Eagle wrote:
> I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
> suggestions as to how to
> accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
> ownership of your folders
> everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
> the error, and under that
> is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
> and were created apparently
> over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
> my computer, it is
> driving me crazy to figure this out.
> I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
> themselves.
>
> Folder now named Z----
> Subfolder named K
>

> Error Deleting File or Folder
>
> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
>

> These are the names of the files I can't delete.
>
> Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
> 1/22/2007 7:24 PM
>
> FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
> 1/23/2007 1:44 PM

Have also experienced similar problem. Have you tried booting up in safe
mode and going into Command Prompt to delete the folders?

richard

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:30:36 GMT, "Zap Eagle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
>suggestions as to how to
>accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
>ownership of your folders
>everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
>the error, and under that
>is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
>and were created apparently
>over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
>my computer, it is
>driving me crazy to figure this out.
>I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
>themselves.
>
>Folder now named Z----
> Subfolder named K
>

>Error Deleting File or Folder
>
> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
>

>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
>
>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
>
>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
>1/23/2007 1:44 PM

Open a dos command prompt, move to folder and delete that way.
Looks like you might have, or had, a virus.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Zap Eagle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Folder now named Z----
> Subfolder named K
>

>Error Deleting File or Folder
>
> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
>

>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
>
>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
>
>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
>1/23/2007 1:44 PM

I can see the problem, I'd hate to have someone find those files on my
computer 0K or not.

Use Unlocker, if you appreciate the service make a donation.
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

--

Dimwits
http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=451653

Zap Eagle

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Zap Eagle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Folder now named Z----
>> Subfolder named K
>>

>>Error Deleting File or Folder
>>
>> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or
>> disk.
>>

>>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
>>
>>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
>>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
>>
>>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
>>1/23/2007 1:44 PM

> I can see the problem, I'd hate to have someone find those files on my
> computer 0K or not.
>
> Use Unlocker, if you appreciate the service make a donation.
> http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
>

> --
>
> Dimwits
> http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=451653

Pennywise,
The unlocker did the trick, I tried other so called deleters and they did
not work.
This one worked great and instantly.
Thanks again.

wrote:

>I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
>suggestions as to how to
>accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
>ownership of your folders
>everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
>the error, and under that
>is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
>and were created apparently
>over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
>my computer, it is
>driving me crazy to figure this out.
>I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
>themselves.
>
>Folder now named Z----
> Subfolder named K
>

>Error Deleting File or Folder
>
> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
>

>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
>
>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
>
>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
>1/23/2007 1:44 PM

I was just wondering. What if you opened the file in say "notepad",
and gave it content?
Would the error message still come up?

Zap Eagle

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:30:36 GMT, "Zap Eagle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
>>suggestions as to how to
>>accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
>>ownership of your folders
>>everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below
>>is
>>the error, and under that
>>is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
>>and were created apparently
>>over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc
>>on
>>my computer, it is
>>driving me crazy to figure this out.
>>I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the
>>filenames
>>themselves.
>>
>>Folder now named Z----
>> Subfolder named K
>>

>>Error Deleting File or Folder
>>
>> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or
>> disk.
>>

>>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
>>
>>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
>>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
>>
>>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
>>1/23/2007 1:44 PM
>>

> I was just wondering. What if you opened the file in say "notepad",
> and gave it content?
> Would the error message still come up?

Yes it did when I attempted that in Notepad

Plato

Zap Eagle wrote:

> I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
> suggestions as to how to

http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
GENERAL FILE UTILITIES
Stubborn File Deleters

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

roadhardd roadhardd is offline
Junior Member

OMG. I have been fighting with a few files for quite a while without success. Within minutes of reading about Unlocker, I had it d'loaded, installed, and problems solved. Highly recommend!

marriealen marriealen is offline
Junior Member

I had the same problem,i have tried everything to solve it but nothing helped,the only thing which helped was a tool available at pathtoodeep.com