Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > What is Windows XP 64 bit good for?

What is Windows XP 64 bit good for?

64bitsucks

I've had Windows XP 64 for a little over a year and I still can't figure out
why the hell I bought it because that thing is useless. I only foud two
lousy drivers out of about 27 that I need, many 32 bit software won't work
with it, 32 bit utilities won't work with it so you bet I am ****ed.
Likewise, I had to look for 64 bit codecs in places I never heard of. I
can't figure out how you chipheads fead each other in this newsgroup with no
content whatsoever. That is beyond me

John Barnes

If it took you a year to figure out that it wasn't appropriate for your
needs, you are beyond help. Most of us consider it a solid stable efficient
OS for those who do their research before buying it. After all, it does
come with a 90 day trial version.

"64bitsucks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47b38e8d$0$6478$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had Windows XP 64 for a little over a year and I still can't figure
> out why the hell I bought it because that thing is useless. I only foud
> two lousy drivers out of about 27 that I need, many 32 bit software won't
> work with it, 32 bit utilities won't work with it so you bet I am ****ed.
> Likewise, I had to look for 64 bit codecs in places I never heard of. I
> can't figure out how you chipheads fead each other in this newsgroup with
> no content whatsoever. That is beyond me

Colin Barnhorst

It is a very stable OS and I have had no problems with drivers or software.
Perhaps if you shared with us what devices are not working or what software
is incompatible we can help you.

"64bitsucks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47b38e8d$0$6478$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've had Windows XP 64 for a little over a year and I still can't figure
> out why the hell I bought it because that thing is useless. I only foud
> two lousy drivers out of about 27 that I need, many 32 bit software won't
> work with it, 32 bit utilities won't work with it so you bet I am ****ed.
> Likewise, I had to look for 64 bit codecs in places I never heard of. I
> can't figure out how you chipheads fead each other in this newsgroup with
> no content whatsoever. That is beyond me

Charlie Russel - MVP

Missed you today. Just didn't feel right. (chat)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is a very stable OS and I have had no problems with drivers or
> software. Perhaps if you shared with us what devices are not working or
> what software is incompatible we can help you.
>
> "64bitsucks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:47b38e8d$0$6478$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've had Windows XP 64 for a little over a year and I still can't figure
>> out why the hell I bought it because that thing is useless. I only foud
>> two lousy drivers out of about 27 that I need, many 32 bit software won't
>> work with it, 32 bit utilities won't work with it so you bet I am ****ed.
>> Likewise, I had to look for 64 bit codecs in places I never heard of. I
>> can't figure out how you chipheads fead each other in this newsgroup with
>> no content whatsoever. That is beyond me

Colin Barnhorst

Thanks for thinking of me, Charlie. I missed it also.

btw, do you read Dilbert? This weeks strips are about virtualization, if
you can believe that.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Missed you today. Just didn't feel right. (chat)
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It is a very stable OS and I have had no problems with drivers or
>> software. Perhaps if you shared with us what devices are not working or
>> what software is incompatible we can help you.
>>
>> "64bitsucks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:47b38e8d$0$6478$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've had Windows XP 64 for a little over a year and I still can't figure
>>> out why the hell I bought it because that thing is useless. I only foud
>>> two lousy drivers out of about 27 that I need, many 32 bit software
>>> won't work with it, 32 bit utilities won't work with it so you bet I am
>>> ****ed. Likewise, I had to look for 64 bit codecs in places I never
>>> heard of. I can't figure out how you chipheads fead each other in this
>>> newsgroup with no content whatsoever. That is beyond me

Graham

64bitsucks wrote:
> I've had Windows XP 64 for a little over a year and I still can't figure out
> why the hell I bought it because that thing is useless. I only foud two
> lousy drivers out of about 27 that I need, many 32 bit software won't work
> with it, 32 bit utilities won't work with it so you bet I am ****ed.
> Likewise, I had to look for 64 bit codecs in places I never heard of. I
> can't figure out how you chipheads fead each other in this newsgroup with no
> content whatsoever. That is beyond me

Here's a bit more no content for you then: IWFM.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yup, I read Dilbert - get it every day via my DQSD.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for thinking of me, Charlie. I missed it also.
>
> btw, do you read Dilbert? This weeks strips are about virtualization, if
> you can believe that.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Missed you today. Just didn't feel right. (chat)
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> It is a very stable OS and I have had no problems with drivers or
>>> software. Perhaps if you shared with us what devices are not working or
>>> what software is incompatible we can help you.
>>>
>>> "64bitsucks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:47b38e8d$0$6478$(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

Then just go throw some software at it like it says today.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yup, I read Dilbert - get it every day via my DQSD.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for thinking of me, Charlie. I missed it also.
>>
>> btw, do you read Dilbert? This weeks strips are about virtualization, if
>> you can believe that.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Missed you today. Just didn't feel right. (chat)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>>

>>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

<G>

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Then just go throw some software at it like it says today.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yup, I read Dilbert - get it every day via my DQSD.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks for thinking of me, Charlie. I missed it also.
>>>
>>> btw, do you read Dilbert? This weeks strips are about virtualization,
>>> if you can believe that.
>>>
>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jim Compris

G?????