Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > batteries

batteries

Grampy Pete

From an ac power cord at the wall a power cord runs to what appears to me a
transformer to reduce the 120 v to whatever the pc uses safely.
The other side of the rectanguler,heavy device runs a cable to the power of
the laptop.
I have set my power settings at 15 minutes apeice before the power and discs
turn off.
Is it safe to keep everything plugged in as I only use it in the house with
my other pc?
Thank you
--
Grampy Pete

Mark

Sounds like you are asking if it is safe to keep your laptop plugged in all
the time. The simple answer is yes. But, more complicated is that this
can have an impact on the life of your battery. If you don't 'cycle' them
thru a discharge/charge cycle regularly they will lose their memory and end
up not holding a charge for long. Even if you only use it in the house,
unplug it once in a while while using it and let it run on the battery so it
discharges. You should have a setting that will tell you when it gets to
around 10% so you can plug it back in without the PC shutting down.

"Grampy Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> From an ac power cord at the wall a power cord runs to what appears to me
> transformer to reduce the 120 v to whatever the pc uses safely.
> The other side of the rectanguler,heavy device runs a cable to the power
> of
> the laptop.
> I have set my power settings at 15 minutes apeice before the power and
> discs
> turn off.
> Is it safe to keep everything plugged in as I only use it in the house
> with
> my other pc?
> Thank you
> --
> Grampy Pete

Grampy Pete

That is good advice as the same applies to most rechargeable batteries,i.e.,
toothbrushes,razors, drill batteries. Running them down and recharging
utilizes all parts of the battery not just the small part over and over.
Thank you
--
Grampy Pete