Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore

MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore

Herman

Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But I
even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give me
some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my pc
without any anoying messages.

Theo

You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot
find it by using Google or searching www.microsoft.com.
Without knowing what the program is it will be quite
difficult to figure anything out about it.

Verify you have typed the program name correctly.

Herman wrote:
> Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But I
> even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give me
> some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
> Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my pc
> without any anoying messages.

Tony Sperling

Also, check your Event Viewer for errors or messages, Herman. If there is a
message it should also have a link in the dialog that you can click - it
doesn't always help any, but should lead you somewhere we can check back on.

Tony. . .

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot find it by
> using Google or searching www.microsoft.com. Without knowing what the
> program is it will be quite difficult to figure anything out about it.
>
> Verify you have typed the program name correctly.
>

> Herman wrote:
>> Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But
>> I even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can
>> give me some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
>> Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my
>> pc without any anoying messages.

Herman

Hi Theo,
The filename is correct. I already googled en searched myself. But also
without any result. Tried to figure where the file does come from, but either
that i couldnt find.
Sorry, but thats why I placed my question.

"Theo" wrote:

> You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot
> find it by using Google or searching www.microsoft.com.
> Without knowing what the program is it will be quite
> difficult to figure anything out about it.
>
> Verify you have typed the program name correctly.
>

> Herman wrote:
> > Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But I
> > even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give me
> > some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
> > Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my pc
> > without any anoying messages.

Herman

Tony, I looked with the event viewer and did find something.
It says:
----------
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>9664</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Hammie</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>MSTM6402.EXE</Data>
<Data>1.0.701.2</Data>
<Data>45ff754d</Data>
<Data>MSTM6402.EXE</Data>
<Data>1.0.701.2</Data>
<Data>45ff754d</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>000000000001f9ed</Data>
<Data>74c</Data>
<Data>01c86e5cea9a7086</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
--------------------
Does it look familiar tu..?

Herman

"Herman" wrote:

> Hi Theo,
> The filename is correct. I already googled en searched myself. But also
> without any result. Tried to figure where the file does come from, but either
> that i couldnt find.
> Sorry, but thats why I placed my question.
>
> "Theo" wrote:
>
> > You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot
> > find it by using Google or searching www.microsoft.com.
> > Without knowing what the program is it will be quite
> > difficult to figure anything out about it.
> >
> > Verify you have typed the program name correctly.
> >

> > Herman wrote:
> > > Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But I
> > > even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give me
> > > some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
> > > Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my pc
> > > without any anoying messages.

Theo

Unfortunately without knowing exactly the program is for, or
to, it is virtually impossible for anyone to provide help on
something unknown.

After all, this forum is for assistance on Windows 64-bit
operating systems, but without knowing what the program is
one cannot suggest a solution.

Herman wrote:
> Hi Theo,
> The filename is correct. I already googled en searched myself. But also
> without any result. Tried to figure where the file does come from, but either
> that i couldnt find.
> Sorry, but thats why I placed my question.
>
> "Theo" wrote:
>
>> You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot
>> find it by using Google or searching www.microsoft.com.
>> Without knowing what the program is it will be quite
>> difficult to figure anything out about it.
>>
>> Verify you have typed the program name correctly.
>>

>> Herman wrote:
>>> Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But I
>>> even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give me
>>> some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
>>> Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my pc
>>> without any anoying messages.

Charlie Russel - MVP

OK, let's go at this a different way.

Open a command window (cmd.exe) AS ADMINISTRATOR

type "msconfig"
look through all the tabs for any reference to MSDM6402.exe
Disable it if you find it.
Close msconfig, and restart your computer.

If your system works normally, you then get the fun of going into the
registry and removing all references to it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But
> even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give
> me
> some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
> Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my
> pc
> without any anoying messages.

Tony Sperling

Sorry, there's really nothing much there beyond what is in your subject
line - and the link brings up a '404'.

If nothing else here puts you on-track, this message would be usefull to MS
Support.

Tony. . .

"Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony, I looked with the event viewer and did find something.
> It says:
> ----------
> - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> - <System>
> <Provider Name="Application Error" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
> <Level>2</Level>
> <Task>100</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-02-13T16:30:12.000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>9664</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>Hammie</Computer>
> <Security />
> </System>
> - <EventData>
> <Data>MSTM6402.EXE</Data>
> <Data>1.0.701.2</Data>
> <Data>45ff754d</Data>
> <Data>MSTM6402.EXE</Data>
> <Data>1.0.701.2</Data>
> <Data>45ff754d</Data>
> <Data>c0000005</Data>
> <Data>000000000001f9ed</Data>
> <Data>74c</Data>
> <Data>01c86e5cea9a7086</Data>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
> --------------------
> Does it look familiar tu..?
>
> Herman
>

> "Herman" wrote:
>
>> Hi Theo,
>> The filename is correct. I already googled en searched myself. But also
>> without any result. Tried to figure where the file does come from, but
>> either
>> that i couldnt find.
>> Sorry, but thats why I placed my question.
>>
>> "Theo" wrote:
>>
>> > You will need to find out more about the program. I cannot
>> > find it by using Google or searching www.microsoft.com.
>> > Without knowing what the program is it will be quite
>> > difficult to figure anything out about it.
>> >
>> > Verify you have typed the program name correctly.

Herman

Thxs Charlie,

Now I know where it comes from. It starts a prog for the Konica Minolta
2500W laserprinter. I think its the prog that is constantly managing the
printerstatus..
I think I try to install it again. Because earlier I didnt get any
errormessages.
Gr. Herman

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> OK, let's go at this a different way.
>
> Open a command window (cmd.exe) AS ADMINISTRATOR
>
> type "msconfig"
> look through all the tabs for any reference to MSDM6402.exe
> Disable it if you find it.
> Close msconfig, and restart your computer.
>
> If your system works normally, you then get the fun of going into the
> registry and removing all references to it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Herman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Since a few weeks i get the message MSTM6402.exe doesnt work anymore. But
> > even dont know where this prog is used for. Is there anybody who can give
> > me
> > some info. I use a 64 bit Vista version.
> > Im a average pc user but this is making me nervous, because i cant use my
> > pc
> > without any anoying messages.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Ah, progress. I don't know the particular software, but you probably should
do a bit of cleanup first - certainly with HP printer software that is very
much required. A full uninstall, and often a registry cleanout (HP even has
a utility for it cleaning up after themselves.)