Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > create a project from code

create a project from code

Vaclav Jedlicka

Hi all

Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?

Thanks in advance

Vaclav

Kevin Spencer

Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

"Vaclav Jedlicka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Vaclav

Václav Jedlička

I need to create a VS project from code, not manualy.

"Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> píše v diskusním příspěvku
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?
>
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> Internet Developer
> http://www.takempis.com
> Some things just happen.
> Everything else occurs.
>
> "Vaclav Jedlicka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all
> >
> > Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Vaclav

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

Kevin Spencer

Do you mean that you want to create all of the project files, solution
files, etc. from an application?

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

"Václav Jedlička" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to create a VS project from code, not manualy.
>

> "Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> píše v diskusním

příspěvku
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Kevin Spencer
> > Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> > Internet Developer
> > http://www.takempis.com
> > Some things just happen.
> > Everything else occurs.
> >
> > "Vaclav Jedlicka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Vaclav
> > >

> ---
> Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
> Zkontrolováno antivirovým systémem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
> Verze: 6.0.497 / Virová báze: 296 - datum vydání: 4.7.2003

Vaclav Jedlicka

Exactly.

Why I need it?
I am developing an application generator which generates ASP.NET projects.
So far it generates the ASPX and CS files, but I also need to create the VS
projects which would contain them. The user would specify only the project
name and the code would create a VS project, and the virtual folder in IIS.
Then it would add the ASPX and CS files to the project.
Something like automation in the days of COM, but I would like to do it from
..NET code (I use c#).

Thanks
Vaclav

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you mean that you want to create all of the project files, solution
> files, etc. from an application?
>
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> Internet Developer
> http://www.takempis.com
> Some things just happen.
> Everything else occurs.
>
> "Václav Jedlička" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I need to create a VS project from code, not manualy.
> >

> > "Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> píse v diskusním

> příspěvku
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > Kevin Spencer
> > > Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> > > Internet Developer
> > > http://www.takempis.com
> > > Some things just happen.
> > > Everything else occurs.
> > >
> > > "Vaclav Jedlicka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > ---
> > Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
> > Zkontrolováno antivirovým systémem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
> > Verze: 6.0.497 / Virová báze: 296 - datum vydání: 4.7.2003

Kevin Spencer

I believe most if not all of what you're looking for is in the Microsoft.Vsa
NameSpace. Unfortunately, this Namespace is almost completely undocumented
at this time. I did, however, find a listing of some articles on the MSDN
site that may be helpful to you:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...s/default.aspx

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

"Vaclav Jedlicka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Exactly.
>
> Why I need it?
> I am developing an application generator which generates ASP.NET projects.
> So far it generates the ASPX and CS files, but I also need to create the

VS
> projects which would contain them. The user would specify only the project
> name and the code would create a VS project, and the virtual folder in

IIS.
> Then it would add the ASPX and CS files to the project.
> Something like automation in the days of COM, but I would like to do it

from
> .NET code (I use c#).
>
> Thanks
> Vaclav

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Do you mean that you want to create all of the project files, solution
> > files, etc. from an application?
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Kevin Spencer
> > Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> > Internet Developer
> > http://www.takempis.com
> > Some things just happen.
> > Everything else occurs.
> >
> > "Václav Jedlička" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I need to create a VS project from code, not manualy.
> > >

> > > "Kevin Spencer" <(E-Mail Removed)> píse v diskusním

> > příspěvku
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

asking?

> > > ---
> > > Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.
> > > Zkontrolováno antivirovým systémem AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
> > > Verze: 6.0.497 / Virová báze: 296 - datum vydání: 4.7.2003

Vaclav Jedlicka

Thank you

That namespace is really undocumented and I do not know how to use it, so I
think I will have to create all the project files (.sln, .suo, .csproj,
..csproj.webinfo) from code.

Vaclav

news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...