Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > Embed video in xml file?

Embed video in xml file?

sunilkes@gmail.com

Hi,

Is there a way to embed a .avi file (video) on an xml page?

I guess it cannot be the <OBJECT> tag that we usually use in HTML.

It is just that its better to display the video on the page, than have
the user click the link to download it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sunil

Martin Honnen

> Is there a way to embed a .avi file (video) on an xml page?

What exactly is an "xml page"? Is that an XML document in a particular
format e.g. XHTML? Then you could use the XHTML object element, the same

> I guess it cannot be the <OBJECT> tag that we usually use in HTML.

as you use the object element in HTML.

There are also other XML formats for instance SMIL
(<URL:http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/>) that deal with audio/video
integration.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Can't embed video in forum thread Makhdoom Computer Support 8 04-26-2010 11:47 AM
embed flv video Gernot Frisch HTML 9 04-28-2009 10:08 AM
How to embed video amerar@iwc.net HTML 4 05-13-2006 01:14 AM
embed problem - video image dont show up anymore??? Rhinolover HTML 5 07-26-2003 11:40 PM

Advertisments