Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cached User Controls

Cached User Controls

Steve

I created a User Control that contains a button. I have
the handler for the button called Button1_Click etc... Now
if I cache this control within a page, the event does not
get "wired up" and I am unable to execute the handler for
the Click event because the control is cached. How do I
get around this?

Karl Seguin

Since this user control doesn't appear to be very static...maybe you should
be looking at the cache object and caching specific elements of the user
control - such as the datatable you use to bind to your repeater, or the
XmlDataDocument you parse and use to populate your dropdownlist.

Karl

news:75dc01c3448c$7df64e70$(E-Mail Removed)...