Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Object representation of a pptx file

Object representation of a pptx file

graham.parsons@reflective.com

Hi guys,

We need to manipulate pptx (PowerPoint 2007) files outside of
PowerPoint on the server side.

PPTX is a zip file with XML files, other artefacts (images, etc.)
inside it.

I wonder if anyone knows any commercial or open source offering that
allows a file to be read and then represented as an object format - of
course we could do our own but if there's an option out there, it
would be good to look at.

Cheers

Graham

per.newgro@gmx.ch

Hi,

You looking for this? http://poi.apache.org/hslf/index.html

Cheers
Per

Arne Vajhj

> You looking for this? http://poi.apache.org/hslf/index.html

I doubt he is since that link says:

#It does not support the new PowerPoint 2007 .pptx file format

and he wrote:

#We need to manipulate pptx (PowerPoint 2007) files outside of
#PowerPoint on the server side.

Arne

Arne Vajhj

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> We need to manipulate pptx (PowerPoint 2007) files outside of
> PowerPoint on the server side.
>
> PPTX is a zip file with XML files, other artefacts (images, etc.)
> inside it.
>
> I wonder if anyone knows any commercial or open source offering that
> allows a file to be read and then represented as an object format -

Try looking for one of the OOXML plugins for OOo. They must have
some source code.

> of
> course we could do our own but if there's an option out there, it
> would be good to look at.

That could be extremely costly depending on how much you need to
change. OOXML is a very complex format.

Arne