Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quick Question about Analog T.V. and a Digital Cable Connection

Quick Question about Analog T.V. and a Digital Cable Connection

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del

I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.

Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
clarity from a digital connection?

--
All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

rf

"CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del" <CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ«@CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ«.net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
>
> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
> television

Compared to what?

If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection the digital
one will be far superior, assuming your TV accepts the digital connection.

--
Richard.

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:24:36 GMT, "rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del" <CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ«@CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ«.net> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
>>
>> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
>> television

>Compared to what?
>
>If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection the digital
>one will be far superior, assuming your TV accepts the digital connection.

Thanks

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

rf wrote:

> If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection the
> digital one will be far superior, assuming your TV accepts the
> digital connection.

Hey rf, you're confusing your electronics with your web authoring. <g>

--
-bts
-sorry, could .. not .. resist ..

Old Gringo

On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:46:32 -0600, Without Any Hesitation
Or Thinking Twice, CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

> I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
>
> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
> television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
> clarity from a digital connection?

For a significant noticeable difference to be seen you would need HD
signal with HDTV. What you have is the best it's going to get
without taking the next step up. If you live in an area where over
the air signal is of good quality, you will see a better picture on
an analog TV than provided by both Cable or Satellite.
Not to worry, the technology will all be changing next year. <g>
Good Luck
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Meat Plow

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:46:32 -0600, CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del wrote:

> I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
>
> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
> television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
> clarity from a digital connection?

Wont be noticeable until you increase the resolution capabilities of the
device you are using to view the signal.

John

What a load of S***

Any old TV with a scart will give a vastly superior picture with a Digibox
than is possible with a "Perfect" Analogue coax reception.

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1lpanyl6hdnqb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:46:32 -0600, Without Any Hesitation
> Or Thinking Twice, CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
> wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
>
>> I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
>>
>> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
>> television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
>> clarity from a digital connection?

> For a significant noticeable difference to be seen you would need HD
> signal with HDTV. What you have is the best it's going to get
> without taking the next step up. If you live in an area where over
> the air signal is of good quality, you will see a better picture on
> an analog TV than provided by both Cable or Satellite.
> Not to worry, the technology will all be changing next year. <g>
> Good Luck
> --
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
> 2/12/2008 7:49:31 AM CST

Aardvark

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:21:07 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>> If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection

That's 'AERIAL'.

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Aardvark wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:21:07 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

No, Beauregard did not "wrote:" that. "rf" did.

>>> If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection

> That's 'AERIAL'.

Hence, my reply, which you snipped, alluding that rf is used to typing
the *font* named "arial" when he works on web sites, and not the term
"aerial," which of course is an antenna.

--
-bts

Old Gringo

On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:28:32 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
Thinking Twice, John Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

> scart

My Sony has 2 channel selectors and 4 screws on the back to hook up
the antennas required for the 2 channel selectors UHF/VHF. No coax
or 21 pin connectors. What do I do now?
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest