Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless printing & networking

wireless printing & networking

williams3333

when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons,
checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a message
that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I
have tried with and without my firewall and with and without my anti-vius
running! Plz Help!

I'm trying to get my laptop(running Vista) to print from my home office
based pc(running xp home)
--
williams

Jack

Hi
Try it through Add a Network Printer (Control Panel Printers) and be ready
with the printer's drivers, they have to be install on the Vista computer
too.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"williams3333" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons,
> checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a message
> that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I
> have tried with and without my firewall and with and without my anti-vius
> running! Plz Help!
>
> I'm trying to get my laptop(running Vista) to print from my home office
> based pc(running xp home)
> --
> williams

Jim

"Jack" <Jack(MVP)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Try it through Add a Network Printer (Control Panel Printers) and be ready
> with the printer's drivers, they have to be install on the Vista computer
> too.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "williams3333" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> when I try to share my HP or Epson printers by clicking on their icons,
>> checking the "share this printer" button, and hit apply, I get a
>> message
>> that the changes to printer cannot be applied.............Why is this? I
>> have tried with and without my firewall and with and without my anti-vius
>> running! Plz Help!
>>
>> I'm trying to get my laptop(running Vista) to print from my home office
>> based pc(running xp home)
>> --
>> williams

To add just a little to what Jack said, the issue is not unique to Vista.
Jim