Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > deleting an anti-virus program

deleting an anti-virus program

jim

I tried avast anti-virus, but decided not to get it. I deleted the
program from my PC, but I continue to get a pop-up on the desktop to
uninstall the program. How do I delete the pop-up??

chuckieŽ

"jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I tried avast anti-virus, but decided not to get it. I deleted the
> program from my PC, but I continue to get a pop-up on the desktop to
> uninstall the program. How do I delete the pop-up??

In the 'Help' section it tells you how to uninstall Avast, mayhap you should
have read it first. Here it is:

You can download our uninstall utility called AvClear or AvClear4 (it
depends on the version of avast! installed on your computer). More
information is available here: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1337.html.

chuckieŽ

"chuckieŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zz7sj.57025$(E-Mail Removed) et...

> "jim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I tried avast anti-virus, but decided not to get it. I deleted the
> > program from my PC, but I continue to get a pop-up on the desktop to
> > uninstall the program. How do I delete the pop-up??

> In the 'Help' section it tells you how to uninstall Avast, mayhap you

should
> have read it first. Here it is:
>
> You can download our uninstall utility called AvClear or AvClear4 (it
> depends on the version of avast! installed on your computer). More
> information is available here: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1337.html.

Come to think of it, you wouldn't think a 'free' AV would be that difficult
would you. Oh well, I use Avast (for about 2 years now) and like it very
much...luck...