Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Minimizing Firefox Causes Errors for Me.

Minimizing Firefox Causes Errors for Me.

Roland Deodorant

I would say roughly 40% of the time that I minimize Firefox it crashes on
me. Does that happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

(I have removed it and reinstalled several times.)

Leonidas Jones

Roland Deodorant wrote:
> I would say roughly 40% of the time that I minimize Firefox it crashes on
> me. Does that happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?
>
> (I have removed it and reinstalled several times.)

Have you tried starting FF in Safe Mode?

Lee

Roland Deodorant

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:1J7sj.586467$(E-Mail Removed):

> Roland Deodorant wrote:
>> I would say roughly 40% of the time that I minimize Firefox it
>> crashes on me. Does that happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?
>>
>> (I have removed it and reinstalled several times.)

> Have you tried starting FF in Safe Mode?
>
> Lee

No, how would that help?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Roland Deodorant wrote:
> Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:1J7sj.586467$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Roland Deodorant wrote:
>>> I would say roughly 40% of the time that I minimize Firefox it
>>> crashes on me. Does that happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> (I have removed it and reinstalled several times.)

>> Have you tried starting FF in Safe Mode?
>>
>> Lee
>>

> No, how would that help?

it would tell us whether its a FF problem or something else.

You didn't say if you're using windows, but I'll describe
what to do in windows: close FF, then click on the windows
start button, then run and enter:

firefox.exe -safe-mode

Does FF crash? Also, when you report back, please state what
operating system you're using, and what do you do to make it
crash. Also, what themes and extensions you're using with FF.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Roland Deodorant

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:forfp6$fum$1
@news.datemas.de:

> Roland Deodorant wrote:
>> Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:1J7sj.586467$(E-Mail Removed):

>>> Have you tried starting FF in Safe Mode?
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>

>> No, how would that help?

> it would tell us whether its a FF problem or something else.
>
> You didn't say if you're using windows, but I'll describe
> what to do in windows: close FF, then click on the windows
> start button, then run and enter:
>
> firefox.exe -safe-mode
>
> Does FF crash? Also, when you report back, please state what
> operating system you're using, and what do you do to make it
> crash. Also, what themes and extensions you're using with FF.

Thanks man, I haven't tried what you said until I reported back. I am
running XP, it is always when I minimize firefox. Also, I have coolaris
and foxit but things were bad before i added those. I don't use any
themes.

Minimizing window causes disappearance Gary Computer Support 0 08-11-2006 11:58 PM
Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Mac OSX : minimizing looses text input jonathan.ives@gmail.com Firefox 10 02-28-2006 02:06 AM
toolbars minimizing quantum Firefox 2 12-09-2004 05:33 PM
Moving / minimizing web parts causes server postback Derek Sanderson ASP .Net Web Controls 1 09-15-2004 07:52 AM