Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > microsoft outlook export address book

microsoft outlook export address book

glennis

when i try to export my address book from outlook in the csv format i get a
message saying i havent set up the import/export feature. when i choose to
proceed it asks me for a windows 2000 professional disk. When i check the
registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from a
windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
compromising all my other programs etc.

Theo

1st. You are in the wrong forum. This is for 64-bit Windows.

2nd. You need to look for the a Windows 2000 forum,
microsoft.public.win2000.general might be a good start.

glennis wrote:
> when i try to export my address book from outlook in the csv format i get a
> message saying i havent set up the import/export feature. when i choose to
> proceed it asks me for a windows 2000 professional disk. When i check the
> registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from a
> windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
> compromising all my other programs etc.

Colin Barnhorst

Outlook is an Office program, not XP. If you are using Office 2000 then
that is likely the disc that is requested. Or are you calling Outlook
Express by the wrong name?

"glennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i try to export my address book from outlook in the csv format i get
> message saying i havent set up the import/export feature. when i choose
> proceed it asks me for a windows 2000 professional disk. When i check the
> registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from a
> windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
> compromising all my other programs etc.

glennis

no it;s definately microsoft outlook 2000 however i do have an office xp
installation disk that i'm not sure has been installed on that pc. The pc
has office installed on it but it may be the previous version which was 2000
professional. do you think i can just i nstall the office xp program and
that will solve the problem?
thanks by the way i appreciate your response

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Outlook is an Office program, not XP. If you are using Office 2000 then
> that is likely the disc that is requested. Or are you calling Outlook
> Express by the wrong name?
>
> "glennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when i try to export my address book from outlook in the csv format i get
> > message saying i havent set up the import/export feature. when i choose
> > proceed it asks me for a windows 2000 professional disk. When i check the
> > registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from a
> > windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
> > compromising all my other programs etc.

glennis

hey colin i did install the xp office software and the problem got solved
thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. It makes sense I
just didnt make the connection that the officexp software wouldnt have
automatically been loaded when the operating system was changed. thanks
again

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Outlook is an Office program, not XP. If you are using Office 2000 then
> that is likely the disc that is requested. Or are you calling Outlook
> Express by the wrong name?
>
> "glennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when i try to export my address book from outlook in the csv format i get
> > message saying i havent set up the import/export feature. when i choose
> > proceed it asks me for a windows 2000 professional disk. When i check the
> > registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from a
> > windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
> > compromising all my other programs etc.

Colin Barnhorst

You're welcome.

"glennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey colin i did install the xp office software and the problem got solved
> thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. It makes sense I
> just didnt make the connection that the officexp software wouldnt have
> automatically been loaded when the operating system was changed. thanks
> again
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Outlook is an Office program, not XP. If you are using Office 2000 then
>> that is likely the disc that is requested. Or are you calling Outlook
>> Express by the wrong name?
>>
>> "glennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > when i try to export my address book from outlook in the csv format i
>> > get
>> > message saying i havent set up the import/export feature. when i
>> > choose
>> > proceed it asks me for a windows 2000 professional disk. When i check
>> > the
>> > registration # under the help tab it's giving me an old product # from
>> > the
>> > windows xp disc to install the correct version of outlook without
>> > compromising all my other programs etc.

Tom Lake

"glennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no it;s definately microsoft outlook 2000 however i do have an office xp
> installation disk that i'm not sure has been installed on that pc. The pc
> has office installed on it but it may be the previous version which was 2000
> professional. do you think i can just i nstall the office xp program and
> that will solve the problem?
> thanks by the way i appreciate your response

Microsoft did it again with their wacky naming scheme. Office XP indeed!

Tom Lake